A date with a German in a restaurant started out nice, but I froze with surprise after 15 minutes

German men They are very different from Ukrainians. Lyudmila was able to see this when, by chance, she was in Germany. The displaced woman began a romantic relationship with one of the local men. However, she is in no hurry to marry him. Why the woman began to doubt, read further in the article.

My daughter and I miraculously managed to leave Kherson in March. I had to give up everything that connected me to my home. We found temporary shelter in a small town in Germany. Miyasha adapted very quickly, but I had a hard time.

The daughter is 18 years old and she continued her studies at the university remotely. She has excellent English, so she started learning German almost immediately. Language is given to her quite easily. What can you say about me? No matter how hard I try, I can't connect two words.

So there was no need to count on serious work. I work with my hands in the warehouse. But nothing! The main thing is that the money is paid on time and we manage to make ends meet. There is no question of returning home yet. In Kherson constant shelling, there is not safe.

And my personal life here began to improve, although I did not even count on it. My husband and I divorced a long time ago. Miyash was only 2 years old at the time. I have never had such a serious relationship since my divorce.

I met Hans by accident. But he kind of hit me straight away. He started looking after me after work. At first it was difficult to communicate with him, but no problems with the interpreter. Plus, he asked me to study German with him.

I told Hans a lot about Ukraine. He listened with admiration to how our people deal with all the adversity that has fallen on their heads. Step by step, I started opening up to this man. I introduced him to my daughter.

“Mom, do you want to marry him?” asked Miyash. To be honest, I never really thought about it. But after the words of my daughter, this topic ceased to be something forbidden for me. To go down the aisle with a German. Um, why not?

I really wanted to go home. We have our own apartment and our own car. There are no relatives left. Most importantly, my daughter and I have each other. Hans, by the way, she liked it, too. He gave me a sense of confidence. We were safe with him.

When he invited me to the restaurant, I was in seventh heaven. This had never happened before, and I thought Hans had taken some serious steps. We haven’t talked about what our relationship is. But I soon regretted that I agreed.

Everything was wonderful at first. We ate deliciously, drank sparkling. We talked about everything. And then Hans said he was dreaming of a wife like me. He took my hand and looked me in the eye. I felt a little uncomfortable, to be honest. I just didn't expect such directness.

German men are different from Ukrainians. He just shared his thoughts with me, talked about the future. Then he said it would be great to live together. And when we asked for the bill, something happened that I never expected.

He put some money in the leather counter and gave it to me. I opened it, looked at the account, then the amount Hans added. I realized the rest had to be reported to me. And that, if anything, is as much as 70 euros.

There was nowhere to go. I had to pay for it myself. It just got me out of my way. I understand that it is normal to divide the bill in half these days. But Hans knows how much I make! Five minutes ago he said he wanted to live together.

I don't think it's easy. But I was even more outraged that Hans had left the waiter a huge tip. And I realize he could easily pay my half of the bill. But German men think in completely different categories. A Ukrainian would never do that!

The funny thing is that the name Hans means God’s kindness or something like that. Oh, thank you. This situation made me very upset. Now you have to live up to your salary. My daughter decided not to talk about it. I don't know what to do next. If Hans wants to live with me, how does he imagine our family expenses?

On the one hand, we understand the indignation of Lyudmila. She's just not used to it. And the difference in mentality is often felt in such situations. On the other hand, why wouldn't a woman just tell a German honestly that she can't pay her part of the bill?

Ordinary communication would help them make contact. And I'm sure Hans wouldn't deny his potential wife that little thing. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting