Strong couples

They say that the star marriages do not last forever. It seems like they will live and expenses. The rhythm of life is and so on. But, fortunately, there are exceptions.

1. Jeff Bridges and Susan Heston

Jeff Bridges and Susan met at a ranch in Montana in 1974. Then he starred in the comedy in the style of a Western called "Rancho Deluxe". She was a waitress and aspiring photographer. He fell in love with her at first sight, but she refused to go with him on a date. Bridges returned from filming and took Susan in Canada. They married in 1977, and since then has never parted. "I'm so in love with her - said the actor recently. - Our relationship has only become better, closer and John * imnee. And there's nothing you need to do. " (Peter Kramer / AP Photo) 2. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are the golden couple of Hollywood here for 26 years. These two met while filming "One only truly original family Orchestra" in 1968, but ran a spark between them when they met again - in the film "shift change" 15 years later in 1983. During this time they managed to star in the movie "Overboard" in 1987 and a son Uayyata Russell, who is now 23 years old. In a surprisingly strong and stable family Uayyata addition there are also children from previous marriages of both parents - Kate and Oliver Hudson (Goldie children) and Boston (son of Kurt). Although their marriage seems perfect, Goldie Hawn, we can see only in expensive dresses on the red carpet. "In marriage, there is something that I do not like - said twice-divorced star. - The fact that Kurt - my boyfriend is very lo * sexual and intriguing. " (Neilson Barnard / Getty Images for Audemars Piguet)

3. Barack and Michelle Obama

They met in 1989. At first, Michelle was just a freshman mentor at Harvard Law School in Chicago Barack Obama firm. Initially, she did not even want to go out with him, and not only because it was unprofessional, but also because, in its view, every black guy who spent his formative years away from home, a little weird. " In the end, she gave up and agreed to spend the day with him at the Art Museum, and then walk along Michigan Avenue. "He's definitely trying to fascinate me - once said in an interview with Michelle. - And it worked. He literally brought me crazy its charm. " Two years later, over dinner in an extravagant restaurant, right in the midst of their conversation that it is time to translate their relationship to a new level, Michelle saw on his plate a little box. For Michelle it was serious enough, and she married Barack year later. 15 years later and after the birth of two daughters, the couple was able to preserve the freshness of relations, despite the employment Barak. "Sometimes, when we lie in the same bed, - says Barak. - I look at her and I feel dizzy. " (Susan Walsh / AP Photo)

4. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Rita Wilson first met her future husband Tom Hanks on the set of the series "Close friends" in 1981, where she starred as a Satanist and friend Peter Scolari. But Wilson fell in love with him only in 1985, while filming "Volunteers." Three years later a successful actor married. Hanks and Wilson played brother and sister in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle" in 1993 and have no relationship to each other characters in the 1996 film "The Wonders". They were also co-produced several films, including such films as "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "Mamma Mia". The couple have two sons - Chester and Truman, and even after 21 years of marriage, they are not tired of each other. "We are always laughing, always honest with each other, and I never take it for granted" - admitted Wilson. (Jason Merritt / Getty Images)

6. Colin and Alma Powell

Galloping wedding Colin and Alma Powell led to the creation of one of the most powerful political alliances in the era of modern political instability. Former Secretary of State met with Alma Johnson in November 1961, in Boston. It was the first blind date for both ... and, as it turned out, the last. The next day, Colleen called her and asked for a second date. In his book "My American Journey" he wrote that Alma "was all that he needed a wife." "I have not even bought her an engagement ring ... She was wise enough to realize that these little things do not create a marriage." "Do not worry about the ring - she told him. - You can give it to me later. " As a result, he did so. Two weeks after this "proposal without a ring," they married in Birmingham, Alabama, August 25, 1962. Powell called the day of his happiest. Since then, the couple had three children, and Alma has always been a devoted wife and mother, although it was not always easy for their 47-year-old family life. "You should be a strong personality. You must be a sense of adventure, and just a bunch of patience. " But Alma helped the character of her husband. "He's the calmest of everyone I've ever known," - she says. (Gerald Herbert)

7. Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles

Very rarely mistress becomes the wife, but the story of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles as if written for the British tabloids. As a result, they have become a strong married couple. Charles and Camilla met at a polo match in 1970, and although the prince saw it as his future wife, his "environment" did not consider it a suitable candidate. 3 years later, she married Andrew Parker Bowles and Prince married Lady Diana Spencer in 1981. But it is rumored that Charles and Camilla resumed relations in the 80s. When their relationship was made public 10 years later, it hit the pages of British newspapers, and Prince Charles and Princess Diana broke up shortly thereafter. In 2005, Charles and Camilla tied the knot official. Passing scandals, media attacks and to dissolve the marriage on both sides, the pair managed to keep their relationship, which lasted for more than 40 years. (Tristan Gregory, Rota, Camera Press / Retna Ltd.)

8. Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf

Husband and wife tennis players - what could be easier, but the relationship Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf were not as smooth as we would like. These two are very rarely seen because of their employment, but that did not stop then married Agassi Graf send a bouquet of roses. At that time, she met with the German racer. "She thought I was a dog," - said Agassi. However, both seen in this relationship is something more. "Every Rose was amazing, - said the count in an interview. - You could feel that each petal reached its peak bloom. " Even though she knew he was married, he did not go out of her head. Soon thundered divorce Agassi and Brooke Shields, and he began to look for Graf. Tennis players were married in 2001. (Sipa Press / AP Photo)

9. George and Laura Bush

One barbecue in Texas and the date on the mini-golf course, and George and Laura Bush went to the altar. "We have known each other for 2, 5 months, - she says. - But I knew that I wanted to marry him. " They had the same interests and values, but most importantly, they know they want to be with each other. "George and I realized one thing: no matter what happens in life, we get through this." And they proved this assertion. They have been together for 33 years old, she publicly supported him during his troubled presidency, for which he will always be grateful to her. "I saw an elegant beautiful woman who was not only elegant and beautiful, but also intelligent and ready to smooth the rough edges of my character. I must admit that with time she got it. " (AP Photo)

Tags

See also

New and interesting