What to learn from an ordinary family from Germany

You can compare different countries in terms of the level of development of cultural values and the depth of history, but one of the most important measures is the wealth of an individual citizen in the current period of time. We know about the rich heritage of the Roman Empire, about the former greatness of ancient Egypt, but can we compare now?

Editorial "Site" We do not judge what is right, good and best for each individual. Because we're at home and German We have completely different ideas about everything in the world. Let's just pass on the impressions of a student who has her own view of things. Go straight ahead.

Once I had the opportunity to go to Germany on a student exchange program, my “guest” family kept saying the same thing: “We are poor people, live modestly.” What does it mean to live poor by our standards? A large family lives in a tiny apartment, wears clothes behind each other and eats one potato. Personal transport and travel are not available to them in principle.”

“So I’m coming to Germany, waiting for my family. I thought I was going to be picked up by a bus, but then I got a quick BMW. Strange, I thought, they're poor, where did they get the car? While I was thinking about it, my “guests” said that it’s just that my mother has a small machine, a Mini Cooper, everyone won’t fit in. The head of the family had to go in a BMW.

I thought I misunderstood or misunderstood them, the language barrier is still there. There are three cars in the family! They just couldn’t decide which one to come to? That’s what they call “we are poor people.”

“All the way I was in a mild culture shock, while we drove up to the house. No, it's not a one-room cramp where a poor family is supposed to live. On the contrary, its own landscaped 2-storey house, stuffed with sophisticated equipment and a fairly large plot.”

“Have you ever seen a poor family living in a mansion? Where there are 2 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, living room, study, kitchen and separate dining room? I don't. Several times I found my “guest” father driving a brand-new tractor, plowing a field nearby. He's working, I guess. But no, it turned out to be a family field and a personal tractor. They also have a tractor!

“There was also a forest not far from the house, where we often went for a picnic. “This is our forest!” my Germans proudly told me. Makes sense, some local forest. But no, it really is their PERSONAL purchased area of forest with trees, plants, buildings and forest dwellers. Do you know anyone who has their own forest?

We went several times to other cities, once even went to the Czech Republic just to refuel. And it's called, "Don't expect much of us, we're poor people." Thanks to these "poor" people, I have traveled to half of Germany! Oh yes, after my return, a letter came from them, another new car was bought, "now very tight with the money." Laughed.

It should be remembered that modern Germany is in the top ten economies in the world. Perhaps that is why poor German families roll out on BMW and live in spacious mansions. Be sure to share your opinion in the comments, and at the same time tell about your impressions of traveling to different countries.

Tags

See also

New and interesting