I hate the calls of my son, I raised him, provided for him, I want to live for myself.

What is it like to be a woman who was born loveless? To talk about such a sensitive topic can only be on specific examples. Today we will do it thanks to Svetlana’s honest story. She became a stick mother. Even though her son has grown up, she continues to pay for her mistake. How this is possible, read further in the article.

Unloved child I have always been different from my fellow children. While the girls were playing mothers, I was climbing garages with the boys. I never dreamed of getting married and having a baby. In fact, it seemed to me that I was simply not made for this.

I loved freedom and didn’t want to depend on anyone. Nevertheless, I got married. I was 26 at the time, and the clock, as my mother used to say, was ticking long ago. She kept reminding me that it was best to have a baby before 30. They say, then it is more difficult both physically and morally.

But I wasn't in a hurry. Deep down, I knew I would never be a mother. I just don't need it. My husband didn't like it, though. He often said he wanted to be a father. He said he was very good in this role.

All of my relatives also pressed me. When I turned 30, at a family feast, literally everyone wanted me to finally get pregnant. Psychologically, I was just at the bottom. I started to feel guilty about not wanting to be a mother. And at some point, she just gave up.

I gave birth to a son when I turned 33. Despite the warnings of relatives and friends, pregnancy and childbirth were very easy. But the most important thing was not that I felt absolutely nothing about my baby. But the unloved child did not understand this. He needed me, my care and love.

I didn't want to upset my husband. I tried my best to pretend that my son was interesting to me. But whenever I could, I would run away from home just to be alone and not hear the scream of a child.

Years passed, but my attitude towards the child did not change. Even though he was a happy boy, I didn’t care. I guess I just felt like I had to put him on his feet and let him go free. Then my life will finally get better.

Against the background of my unusual attitude to my son, my marriage with my husband began to crack at the seams. As my husband put it, my family didn’t motivate him. If I'm not trying to fix something, he won't. And my husband's gone forever. He even refused to pay alimony. And I was too proud and self-sufficient. I pulled my son alone.

He was 10 years old and he understood everything. The boy grabbed every opportunity to be with me, to tell me something. Of course, I listened to him, but my mind was somewhere else. But the promise I made to myself I kept. His son received a decent education and went to work in a profession.

When my son told me he wanted to get married, I did everything to get him a better wedding. She gave me money for the apartment. Anyway, there was nothing to complain about. He now lives with his wife and daughter in the center of the capital. He has everything for a happy life. And I'm finally free.

My son has not stopped trying to contact me. He calls me almost every day and it makes me mad. I just want to live for myself so that no one bothers me. But my son doesn't like it. He wants his daughter to have a grandmother. But I'm not interested in the girl either.

The daughter-in-law is confused. She says she's never seen anything like this in her life. Holy shit! Why should I justify myself to someone for my actions and desires? I did everything I could to keep my child happy. Let him do everything he can to keep me safe. Stop calling me!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This is what happens when a woman is oppressed by society. It is sad that Svetlana had to go through such an experience. She didn’t want to be a mother, but she had to be. It doesn't have to be like that. Who knows, maybe someday she will want to connect with her adult son and his family. But to demand that from her now is simply stupid. She needs time to live for herself. Agreed?

Tags

See also

New and interesting