In the autumn, the grandmother puts chestnuts on the windowsill to solve a delicate problem.

My grandmother loved to walk in the autumn forest and collect chestnut. She always took a big bag with her because she knew a lot of different uses for these hazelnuts. One of them was to simply lay chestnuts on all the windowsills in the house. Why she did it and how else you can use these gifts of nature, I will tell you later in the article.

My grandmother hated insects in the apartment. First of all, she was just afraid of them. Second, I hated the spider web, which gathered in different parts of the house. Grandma was an advocate of perfect order.

In autumn, when the cold came, my grandmother went to the forest and collected chestnuts. She did it for different purposes. However, one of the main was to once and for all protect their abode from the hated spiders who tried to get into the house.

Of course, she could arm herself with a slipper and solve the spider problem with one cotton. But Grandma didn't want to raise her hand. It was decided, so to speak, diplomatically. The autumn chestnuts collected in the forest she laid out on all the window sills in the apartment. By the way, she did the same thing at the dacha.

Smell it. That smells like perfect protection from spiders! Chestnut fragrance really scared off all uninvited guests. However, I only felt it when my grandmother cut the chestnuts into quarters. So, in her opinion, the trick worked even better. By the way, in addition to chestnuts, acorns can be used for the same purpose.

Chestnuts are great not only with spiders. For example, whole nuts can be put in closets with clothes or food. They will protect things from nasty moths and aphids. You can also divide the chestnuts into several parts and place them in rag bags, and then send them to the closet.

Grandma used inedible chestnuts not only to scare off spiders. She was always very athletic, fluttering like a butterfly, despite her age. Her main secret ba called the tincture of chestnuts, which she lubricated all the joints.

To prepare a small portion of this tincture, you will need only 10-12 chestnuts. You can easily collect this amount just by walking through the autumn forest. When you get home, fill them with boiling water and leave them for a few minutes. Then drain the water and dry the chestnuts.

Next, cut them into quarters and place them in a glass jar, which you can then seal. Pour chopped chestnuts of 500 ml of transparent hot drink. Stir it well, close the jar and put it in a cool place for 30 days. Done!

Also from chestnuts you can prepare an environmentally friendly washing powder. I learned about this life hack recently and have already managed to write a separate article about it. It is a pity that Grandma could not live to this day. I'm sure she'd love that trick.

And if you are wondering how to use chestnuts for washing (spoiler: very easy), be sure to follow the link. There you will learn several ways to use these nuts.

Inedible chestnuts can be used for various home cosmetic procedures. For example, they are used to whiten teeth.

To prepare chestnut bleach, you need to peel the nuts from the brown peel. Then take out the white core and dry it. Then grind the core into flour with a coffee grinder. Done! Such a powder will not only whiten the teeth, but also improve the general condition of the teeth.

Also, such chestnut flour is added to the bathroom. They say that after this procedure, the skin becomes more toned, updated. However, it is not enough to just pour the powder into a hot bathroom. You must first make a decoction of it.

Mix 500 ml of water and 1 tbsp of chestnut flour. Then boil this mixture, let it boil. Then insist on it for another 6-8 hours. Then add it to the hot bathroom. The effect will surprise you.

Tell me, do you use inedible chestnuts from the forest to the home?

Tags

See also

New and interesting