In autumn, I put chestnuts in the wash, only a select few know this valuable trick.

I was walking in the woods recently and I saw something incredible. chestnutPeacefully lying on the ground mixed with bright autumn leaves. Right! It is in the midst of chestnut season. And I was just waiting for him to test one very unusual life hack. Did you know that chestnuts can be used while washing things? I'm going to talk about that in more detail today.

Not everyone knows that chestnuts, covering autumn alleys and forests, have a lot of useful qualities. And the most interesting of them is that chestnuts can be used to wash clothes right in the washing machine.

In their cleansing properties, chestnuts are similar to special soapy nuts. They contain a special organic compound of saponins. It is a natural detergent and foaming substance. It effectively removes fat, dust and other contaminants from clothing. However, in order for chestnuts to work, saponin must be released from them. How exactly to do this, I tell you further.

You'll need it.
  • 4-5 kg of chestnuts
  • hammer
  • kitchen-towel
  • blender
  • 1 large glass jar

Preparation of laundry detergent from chestnuts
  1. The chestnuts must be collected first. Next, wrap the chestnuts in a towel a few pieces and hit them with a hammer to break into smaller particles. The resulting mass of grinding with a powerful blender.
  2. Rashe the resulting powder on the pan, covered with parchment, in an even layer. The powder must be dried either naturally or in the oven. In the first case, it is best to do it on the balcony on a sunny day. Make sure the room is not too wet. If you use the oven, turn on the minimum temperature.
  3. Dry chestnut powder in the sun will have at least a whole daylight. And in the oven it will take about 6-8 hours.
  4. Pour the dried powder into a glass jar and seal it tightly. It is important that particles of powder do not end up on the surfaces that you will then use for cooking. So thoroughly wash the pan on which the chestnuts were dried.

Using such a chestnut powder is very simple. Half an hour before washing, mix in a jar of 3.5 tablespoons of funds with 2/3 cup of hot water. Well shake this mixture to form a thick foam. Pour the resulting liquid through a sieve into a separate container - this is your washing tool. And the resulting amount can be divided into 2-3 washes.

It is best to prepare the washing agent immediately before loading the washing machine. If you want to make it for the future, you can store chestnut foam liquid in the refrigerator for no longer than 1 week. That's it!

The preparation of chestnut powder is a rather long process. If you don't want to mess with it, try making the washing agent easier. Cut the large chestnuts into small pieces and place them in a linen bag.

Next, it is enough to put it in the drum of the washing machine and start the washing process in this form. The effectiveness of this method is less. If clothes are too dirty, chestnuts may not wash everything. If you are going to wash white things or underwear, I advise mixing a chestnut washing agent with sodium percarbonate (bleach).

I read that there is another method, and a simpler one. A couple of chestnuts should be cut into quarters, placed in a jar and poured with water. Then chestnuts should be infused in this water throughout the night.

Next, a jar with chestnuts needs to shake well and drain the resulting liquid into the washing powder compartment. It is better to do this through a sieve so that the particles of the chestnut itself do not fall into the drum. Voila!

The latter method interested me the most because it is fast and does not require extra effort. I plan to try it out! By the way, you can also add a couple of drops of essential oils to this chestnut liquid to improve the aroma of laundry.

Have you ever washed your clothes using chestnuts? Share your experience in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting