When my mother and mother-in-law made it clear that they would not take care of my granddaughter, I made a difficult decision.

It is very difficult to take care of a child and keep an eye on the house when both parents are working. But the reality is that it becomes a necessity. Many in this situation are rescued by grandparents. However, the heroine of today’s history turned out the opposite.

Editorial "Site" She tells you the story of a woman no one wants to help. We count on your wise advice.

Both parents work because it's not terribly hard for me. These are difficult times in our family. My husband and I had a solid plan. Before the baby was born, we took out a mortgage. I worked until the ninth month. After the plan was my decree until the child was 3. And then we give my daughter to kindergarten and I can work full time. But the war forced us to change the plan on the move.

Her husband's firm suffered serious losses, so he was severely cut his salary. My son was two years old and I was out of work. We realized that I also had to look for something to avoid getting into debt. When the garden opened, I was able to get my daughter there. She went to her first job. At first everything was fine, but my schedule was changed. Now a few days a week I work until 8 p.m. My husband gets home by 10.

There's no one to pick up my daughter from kindergarten these days. There, of course, made an extension to 8, but it costs twice as much. Unfortunately, we can't afford it. One day I called my mother and asked her to pick up her daughter. But my mom said she couldn’t because she had a meditation plan. After her mother divorced her father, she was completely immersed in finding herself. Or a new gentleman. I've never figured it out, she and I have very brief conversations.

My mother-in-law didn't even want to call. This woman is the exact opposite of my mother. She is fully occupied with the household, her husband and younger sons. She doesn't have time for her granddaughter either, because men have to make dinner. It turns out that we have two grandmothers, and there is no one to count on.

I have spoken to both of them and asked for help. They even seemed to agree to pick up their granddaughter from kindergarten sometimes. I'm not asking for more. But when I call them, they always have excuses. We paid twice as much for kindergarten in the last month. The financial situation leaves much to be desired. It hurts me that the closest people left us in the most difficult period.

We don’t ask for money, we make money on our own. Is it so hard to take a child out of kindergarten and bring them home? They live close by. This garden is practically in the yard of my mother's house. But they're busy with themselves. And I realized that I had to rely on myself. But in this case, let them not come to us for help in old age. If we do it ourselves, let them count on themselves. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't see any other way.

It is unfortunate that the heroine was in such a situation. It would seem that the child has two grandmothers who could take care of him. But they decided otherwise. We cannot blame them for choosing our lives. But leaving children in such a difficult situation is wrong. They are not just freeloaders, but working people. You could understand how difficult it is when both parents work. What do you think of this situation? Did the woman make the right decision?

Tags

See also

New and interesting