Why Ed Sheeran doesn't have a mobile phone

How many times a day do you pick up your phone? Psychologists say that if a person spends more than two hours a day on social networks, then he is in deep depression. Today, we cannot imagine our lives without a phone. Being in touch is important: we want to be aware of all the events, mom worries if we don’t call for two days, someone waits for a call from the boss, and someone confesses to his girlfriend three times a day.

Gradually, the Internet replaces live communication. Sometimes we can not do without it, but most often we just ignore others and hang on the phone, because we can not find a common language with a living person. The Internet gives a number of advantages over live communication: you can change or delete an unsuccessful message, avoid awkwardness. When, as in life, we do not know how to behave, and often dialogue does not work.

Ed Sheeran hasn’t used a phone in 7 years. The famous British singer is on Instagram, where he has 36 million followers. However, Ed Sheeran prefers live communication and checks his mail twice a day. It's not online anymore.

Life without a phone

Instagram.com There are new posts on Instagram and Twitter, but Ed Sheeran is not doing it. His social media is run by his manager. This is common practice among world celebrities. And all this in order to preserve the reputation of the fans.

The performer stopped going to social networks and using the phone when he realized that it spoils his mood: I felt depressed. After all, all these selfies on Instagram are from loneliness. When I see pictures like this, I want to ask someone how their day was. Because when people take pictures of themselves and post selfies, they want to be told they look great. These are very sad people.”

Ed Sheeran says that he likes live communication and does not want to spoil it with thoughts about the phone: During an interview or a conversation with a friend, in a cafe with a girl, my phone may ring. Until I answer the phone, I’ll always be thinking about the phone or the message they send me. I will no longer be interested in the conversation, my thoughts will be absorbed by the smartphone.”

instagram.com Life Wisdom and Editorial Advice Man is a Social Being. Without communication, we do not develop, do not feel complete, loved and happy. Ed Sheeran is not only a talented performer, but also a very intelligent person. He stopped using his phone to keep his mental health and enjoy the present: "When I got rid of my phone, it was like a curtain opened in front of me," Ed Sheeran said. Indeed, we make plans for the future and constantly dig into the past, while life eludes us.

instagram.com

Getting rid of the means of communication is impossible, because we do not know what can happen, sometimes the phone is vital. But we can turn off the sound when we interact with relatives or loved ones to remember those special moments, not social media. No wonder people detox from social networks. They do not affect our psyche in the best way. Stop watching other people's lives. Live your life and be happy!

Tags

See also

New and interesting