Revival of old Soviet cosmetics, fashionistas rejoice, grandmothers indulge in sweet nostalgia

The Leningrad mascara is back! In the Network infected video where a pretty young girl tests the cult mascara. It used to be sold as a rarity. However, today the product is seriously presented on many cosmetic trading platforms. We decided to think about what other Soviet cosmetics for care and makeup can revive from the ashes. Import substitution in action!

Cosmetic care products Legendary Leningrad mascara Once was in the makeup of every Soviet fashionista. In the people, the tool was called spitting. It could be used by moistening with water or the old-fashioned saliva. The carcass kit includes a block of resin color, as well as a brush for application. Too bad they don't put a needle in the box. After all, without her eyelashes are like one solid sticky lump.

Judging by modern reviews of mascara, the situation has not changed at all. So if you plan to start wearing this tool, be sure to arm yourself with a needle or something sharp. In addition, I strongly recommend reading the article of my colleague Anastasia Chubar. She spoke in detail about all the properties of “Leningrad” and pitfalls in its use.

Instagram / @juliakunitsa_muah Next potential import substitution participant Ballet tonal cream. Cosmetic product can be easily bought not only on the Internet, but also in many Russian stores. But is it worth it? I did not wear this tonal, but I heard a lot of interesting reviews. For example, the cream creates the effect of a mask on the face. And after its use, rashes may appear on the skin.

The only significant plus is the cost. For a very modest amount of money you can grab a large tube of masking means. If you are ready to take a chance, I recommend reading a little more information about the tonal cream "Ballet" in our article at the link.

With lipstick in the USSR, the situation was somewhat different. For example, at the peak of popularity were lipstick of the Latvian company Dzintars. Women were delighted with this remedy, as it held on the lips for a long time and was perfectly applied. In addition, Soviet manufacturers have learned to fake lipstick brand Pupa. Knowing where the original and the forgery were was not difficult. The latter was distinguished by unnaturally bright shades.

Women of the USSR are ready to sell their souls lipstick. Finding and buying this tool was not for everyone, because it cost decent. So the owners of Diorov lipstick, some called goddesses, and others – witches. However, today lipstick luxury brand in Russia to buy again difficult, because he left the Russian market. Can manufacturers learn how to fake Dior?

What cosmetics were used by Soviet women For the beauty of the nails Soviet women helped to monitor Kiki. It appeared on the shelves in the 70-80s. Fashionistas of the USSR were delighted with the novelty, since domestic varnishes wanted to leave the best. Suffered not only the quality of the product, but also poor color palette.

Instagram / @lavender_noski Today, there are many domestic nail polishes on the Russian market. I admit, I did not expect that there were so many of them. So the Russians can not worry: without nails for the holiday, no one will be left! By the way, I found a good article for you with a description and review of various companies.

To make a beautiful hair styling, before the ladies used varnish for fixation under the cute name "Pretty". You can go back to the past now, and you will pay mere pennies for it. Domestic "Prelest" is still sold in Russian stores. In addition, there are many different types of this varnish. The price of the question is 100-250 rubles.

To decorate the eyelids in bright colors in the USSR was possible with the help of Ruby Rose shadows. Every self-respecting lady in makeup had at least one palette of this company. True, quality wanted to leave the best. What can not be said about modern analogues of famous cosmetics. Even I have the shadows of Ruby Rose. And although they are still a mere penny, their quality still improved.

Previously, women powdered the nose “Zhuravushkoy”, “Lilden” and “Red Moscow”. However, true lovers of good makeup prefer powder. However, this is happening now, however, the brand has also left Russia. Do you know any good Russian companies that make face powder?

Instagram / @shura_the_dog Cosmetic care products - a separate page in the history of the USSR. I liked the cult one the most. Norca Vaseline. As soon as they did not use Soviet craftsmen! And expensive French creams were absolutely useless when the budget "Nork" lay in the makeup. I’m glad you can buy Vaseline now. And you will have to pay no more than 15 rubles.

Tell us in the comments, do you use Russian-made cosmetics? Do you believe in import substitution?

Tags

See also

New and interesting