What water is forbidden to pour the cat

A month ago, there were no problems with buying pet food. Now, due to the war between Russia and Ukraine, there are shortages of essential foods and medicines in both countries. At a time like this, you don't know if tomorrow will come, let alone the deficit and unemployment. If you can find grief in half food for a healthy pet, then medical dry food is a separate story.

Those owners whose pets eat special food, know that you can not interrupt the diet in any case. If a person can find an alternative, then the recovery of the pet depends largely on nutrition. When a cat or dog has problems with the digestive system, liver or kidneys, natural nutrition, that is, porridge, is contraindicated. Also, the condition of the animal can be aggravated by poor water quality.

Two weeks ago I ran out of veterinary food for dogs that have problems with the urinary system. The situation is sad because the problem is rare among dogs and the choice among feeds is small. So far, I've found two small packets of food that will last a dog for a week. What to do next is a big question, because there are no feed in warehouses, they are not imported now.

Among the special veterinary food for dogs and cats are well-established: Hill’s, Royal Canin, Purina Pro Plan. These companies have the largest selection of special diets for pets. These super-premium-class feeds are distinguished by a special composition that is selected in each individual case: food for neutered animals, cats and dogs of small, medium and large breeds. Feed to support the liver and kidneys, to support the digestive system, hypoallergenic feed and so on.

Why should I give special food? Because it has a balanced ratio of BJU for the pet. The food already has all the necessary vitamins and minerals, which excludes additional food additives, from which the pet is not delighted. The main thing is that the food works only when the pet eats it. Not picking up anything on the street, not eating from the table. Recovery depends on the discipline of the owner. At the moment, there are several problems with the choice of food.

Selection and replacement of food The animal may refuse feed. A dog or cat may not like the taste. Here you need to understand whether there is an alternative, because nothing tasty can be added to the food, it will not work. If there are other feeds designed to maintain the health of the pet, you can try another food, but as a last resort.

Especially when the pet has been eating one food for a long time, switching to another is undesirable. Although the feed of different companies can be designed to eliminate one problem, the composition will differ, the weakened body will have to rebuild. If there is no choice, the food you gave before can not be found anywhere, but there is food from another company.

The best veterinary food for cats and dogs: Hill’s, Optimeal, Royal Canin, Brit Premium, Purina Pro Plan, Purina One. Remember that veterinary food is designed to improve the health of your pet, not to be fed continuously. The period of feeding special feed is determined by the veterinarian. A check-up is usually done once a month to see if the animal has improved.

The question of what water to drink the animal, especially if he has any health problems, is an edge. Dogs and cats cannot determine whether water is good or not. They just drink water from the tap, watering pots for watering pots, sometimes drink water from puddles and ponds on the street.

When a kidney problem was found in my dog, the vet immediately asked me what kind of water I give the pet. Until then, it was obvious that the animal didn’t care what to drink, so the dog drank tap water. But people don't drink unfiltered water. The trouble is that running water contains a lot of salts that settle stones in the kidneys, this is one of the reasons to give your pet filtered water.

I know a lot of people are skeptical when the animal is okay. People in social networks joke, they say, let’s get water for the cat from the well! Unfortunately, the epiphany comes too late. Sometimes the animal refuses filtered water and tries to get drunk from the tap. You can give frozen water from the freezer. Water in a bowl of glass or porcelain should be at room temperature. Mineral water should not be given without a doctor's prescription.

Animals can't tell you they're in pain. Therefore, even if the pet is doing well, it should be vaccinated once a year, treated from fleas and ticks and once every 3 months to give an anthelmintic. It is advisable once a year, however, as well as yourself, to take tests to make sure that your health is in order. Take care of yourself and your pets.

Tags

See also

New and interesting