It's not a shame to be unmarried, it's a shame to live with someone you don't have much in common with.

The Problem of Human Loneliness It has only gotten worse in recent years. The development of technology is increasingly alienating people from each other, correspondence and video calls are increasingly replacing face-to-face meetings.

Covid with its limitations added popularity to various delivery services, so that a person once again did not even go to the store. Remote work is gaining popularity, which eliminates the need to visit the office. People are increasingly left alone...

Of course, loneliness has many sides. And if someone is lonely, it does not always mean that he is sad, bored and bad. Today's edition. "Site" It is about a woman who consciously remains alone. And she's quite comfortable.

One day I received a message from an unfamiliar man. He wrote, “With your looks, being single is a shame.” He probably wanted to make a compliment, but he ruined it with the last word. Or maybe I really thought that I should be ashamed, writes Lyudmila.

“Should a woman be ashamed that she is not married? Absolutely not. It can be a shame for a mistress who knows that her lover will not leave her family for her sake.”

“It can be a shame for those young women of all ages who put their candid photos on public display. It’s like trying to sell itself as a commodity. We see them all the time on social media.”

“It is a shame to sacrifice your self-respect and try your best to get a man to stamp on your passport. And it is also a shame to live next to a man who betrayed, cheated, raised his hand.

“It is a shame to hold on to someone with whom there is neither love nor understanding. Even if you share children, responsibilities, habits and everyday life. Such a life is a form of torture, which, with the helpless connivance of the people, will last for years and decades.”

“There is much to be ashamed of, but not loneliness. I deliberately took a break, and it doesn’t matter that the pause is long. A self-sufficient woman is not bored alone. I’m a creative person who doesn’t have 24 hours in a day.”

Omar Khayyam said, It is better to be hungry than to eat with anyone. It is better to be alone than to live with someone.” Those who value themselves accept this view. And a decent man with a soul mate is sure to be found. The time will surely come for that meeting, Lyudmila is sure.

I want to thank this woman for an important and quite frank letter. Some of our readers agree with Ludmila’s conclusions. Although there are certainly those to whom such thoughts about loneliness are not close. Write what you think about it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting