Review of new products on the Ukrainian music scene

Recently, the former member of the group “Ne Angels” Slava Kaminskaya made a bright statement. According to her, everything New Ukrainian songs - pure PR in war. I admit, I was very angry, so I decided to find out if the singer is really right. In this article, we will talk about the musical innovations of Ukraine and discuss the role of creativity in today’s realities of life.

I came across an Internet article in which Slava Kaminskaya is indignant about her colleagues in the shop. According to her, speaking in front of Ukrainian soldiers is wrong. They say that such events are too relaxing.

Instagram / @sviatoslav.vakarchuk Perhaps all this is just machinations of the yellow press. And perhaps the singer really wanted to throw a stone in the garden of Svyatoslav Vakarchuk and other musicians. Since the beginning of the war, the soloist of the group “Ocean Elzy” travels to different cities of Ukraine. He speaks to the military, refugees, and civilians who hide in the subway and other shelters.

Instagram / @sviatoslav.vakarchuk The singer's Instagram page is full of pain and tears. Dozens of videos and photos showing what the destroyed cities and villages of Ukraine look like now. I believe that Vakarchuk performs an important mission. His words and music don’t just raise people’s morale. It also shows the world what is really happening in Ukraine today.

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk is not the only Ukrainian musician who dared to act decisively during the war. For example, there are those who joined the APU and TRO. These are Max Barskikh, Andrei Khlyvnyuk, Zhenya Galich, Yarmak, Kolya Serga, Fagot and many others.

Instagram / @ma_barskih Barskikh, by the way, managed not only to change the activity, but also to please fans with new hits. The first Ukrainian-language song “Would Spring” was released in March, and the second track “Don’t F@ck With Ukraine” was released in late April.

about:blank

Other stars of Ukrainian show business are actively fighting on the music and information front. For example, Tina Karol has repeatedly performed at charity concerts in Europe. You can read more about her work here. Recently, I told in detail what contribution the Ukrainian singer makes to the victory of Ukraine.

Abroad also performed Julia Sanina, Nadia Dorofeeva, Ekaterina Pavlenko, Ruslana, Jerry Heil, Sergey Babkin and others. Many of these artists managed to release new Ukrainian songs during the war. All of them, in one way or another, reflect the events that are happening in Ukraine now.

To goosebumps touches the composition Monatika “Silence”. The singer first presented this song at charity concerts in Poland. The track is not yet on official platforms. However, it can be listened to in video format straight from the performance of the musician. The main message of this composition is that Silence is synonymous with lies. In it, Monatik appeals to his Russian colleagues, and simply to Russians who ignore the topic of war.

Monatik also released several new military songs: “ART Defense” and “Wine is Your I”.

Incredibly beautiful composition was presented by the band The Hardkiss. “Yak ti?” is a reflection of all the feelings that every Ukrainian experiences today. “I did not ask or ask for ryatuvati for me. That, who came, sprout here grass straight, — sings the soloist Julia Sanina.

about:blank

Separately, I want to note 2 joint songs by Jerry Heil and alyona alyona: “Prayer” and “Ridni moь”. Kind, soulful and warm, these compositions inspire faith in the best and give hope.

Jerry Heil also released a short track with a very clear message. I'm sharing a novelty here. Among the new patriotic songs I want to highlight the song of Nastya Kamensky “I am Ukraine”. While colleagues are bringing the truth to people in Europe, NK has traveled to Latin America for this purpose.

According to Slava Kaminskaya, the new Ukrainian songs are only PR. However, I am convinced that this is not the case. Most musicians share their experiences through the prism of music and words. Creativity is a kind of mouthpiece through which artists convey important thoughts to people.

And I must say that the musicians of Ukraine do it well. Not without reason, even some world stars are beginning to cooperate with Ukrainian stars. For example, the legendary band Pink Floyd made fit with Andrey Khlyvnyuk. And the singer Ed Sheeran created a collaboration with the Ukrainian group “Antitila”.

Ukrainian music is beautiful in all its forms. And the war just proved it. Now is not the time to talk about public relations and discredit the activities of artists who, through their efforts, bring Ukraine closer to victory. Let it come as soon as possible!

Tags

See also

New and interesting