Why an experienced nutritionist calls for including flax seeds in the diet

Flax came into my life when I eliminated all animal products from my diet. Together with nuts and other seeds, it has become a great source of healthy unsaturated fats for me. However, this is not all the benefits that flax brings to the body. About that, How to use flax seeds correctly And why it is necessary, I will tell in today’s article.

How to use flax seeds flax seeds contain a large amount micronutrients. For example, calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, as well as iron, zinc, sodium and copper. In addition, it is a storehouse of vitamins of group B, A, C and E.

Len is great. fiber-stuff. Therefore, the product can be used to improve digestion. In addition, the seeds contain omega-3. However, it is important to be clear here. Omega-3 is a whole family of acids that includes docosahexaenoic (DKG), eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and alpha-lipoic (ALA) acids.

DKG and EPA acids are found in large quantities in oily sea fish and bring the greatest benefit to the body. Flax seeds just don't. This product contains only ALA acids.

In theory, they can be converted into DKG and EPA acids. But to do this, you will have to exclude all oils from the diet and eat flax (or chia) in large quantities. There's no justification for that. If you eat a traditional diet, your main source of omega-3s is fish. If you do not eat animal products, then you should pay attention to vegan omega-3 supplements. I drink them on a regular basis.

There is an opinion that flax can be used to lose extra pounds. To do this, it is enough to chew only 1 tsp of seeds in the morning on an empty stomach and drink them with plenty of water. However, even in this matter, everything is not so clear.

First, not fully chewed flax seeds swell in the stomach and create the illusion of satiety. So you don't want to eat, and you end up eating less. But at the same time, flax due to its shell is not normally digested. This is the reason why flax seeds should be consumed. purely ground. With this task, the usual coffee grinder copes with hurrah.

Secondly, flax contributes to the removal of excess fluid and toxins from the body. This leads to the fact that the figure on the scales becomes smaller. Fat doesn't go away. So do not assume that with the help of flax seeds you can shed excess.

One way or another, flax is really useful for our body. For example, it favorably affects the condition of the skin, hair and nails. In addition, this product has a lot of healing properties. Read more about it in the picture.

Ways of eating flax seeds Len can actually be consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. To do this, 1 tsp of seeds should be ground in a coffee grinder and pour a glass of warm water. This will help improve digestion. However, the same product will work if you just add it to one of your dishes in ground form. Like morning oatmeal.

I like to make a flaxseed egg for making oatmeal. To do this, grind 15 g (1 tbsp) of flax in a coffee grinder and pour 4 tbsp. l of clean water. Then mix thoroughly and let the mass infuse for 5 minutes. These proportions are designed to replace 1 chicken egg in baking. I, for example, add a flaxseed egg to the danks.

In addition, ground flax can be added to nutritional protein smoothies. And also prepare raw cereals from seeds as independent dishes. For this, 3 tbsp. l flax per 1 serving is enough. Just grind the product and mix with any fruit or berry puree, heated with coconut or any other milk. It is best to let this porridge brew for 5-10 minutes.

Editorial advice In stores flax flour and sowing are sold. In other words, already crushed flax seeds. Buying such products is in no case worth it. The fact is that flax seeds must be crushed strictly immediately before use. Exactly the amount you’re going to eat or drink with water.

For the future, flax seeds are oxidized. They not only lose their useful properties, but can also harm the body. In addition, I want to remind you that your diet should be balanced. Don't lean on linen. 100 g of flax contains 534 kcal, 18 g protein, 42 g fat and 1.5 g carbohydrates. A day is enough only 1-3 tbsp. l. product.

I hope this article helped you understand how to use flax seeds. If you have something to add, feel free to write about it in the comments. Take care!

Tags

See also

New and interesting