What to do and where to run when stores stop selling plastic bags

It is no secret that plastic bags pollute the environment and decompose for hundreds of years. And the idea that we all need to move to the side of conscious consumption sounds from every iron. Only now people still come out of grocery stores with a bunch of transparent weightless “helpers”, who the next day are in the trash. Is it really so difficult to become an eco and How to replace packages? Today we will try to figure it out!

In developed European countries, there are no problems with bags or other plastic waste. However, in the CIS countries, the situation is somewhat different. While people abroad are sorting recyclables and treating consumption consciously, we are only taking the first steps in this.

For example, the law “On restriction of turnover of plastic bags on the territory of Ukraine” will come into force in Ukraine. Under the ban thin and ultra-thin packages, as well as their free distribution. But will a simple layman pay for what before could more than stock up in any supermarket?

Ukrainians resent. Many complain about the state, because it offers no alternatives. But is that true? Let's figure out together how to replace packages and whether it's really difficult.

Cloth bags The easiest and most convenient option - pouches. They can be used for fruits, vegetables and any loose products. The main advantage is durability. You need to try hard to make such a bag wear out quickly.

As a rule, manufacturers make reusable bags from mesh weightless fabric. It is ideal for vegetables and fruits. However, there are options from denser tissue. It is suitable for cereals, legumes, nuts or pasta.

It is enough to buy several bags of different sizes once to forget about the packages forever. If you do not want to spend money (the packages are free, right?), you can sew the bags yourself. You'll probably have an old, unnecessary tulle at home. They make beautiful fruits. Look at mine, for example!

1948-34

And now back to the bans in Ukraine and the choice of alternatives. In almost any supermarket on sale have long been those bags. So it is pointless to accuse the government of offering nothing in return. The most serious problem lies in the lack of educational activities. What do you think?

Containers With fruits, vegetables and a bundle figured out. Where do you put meat or fish? Ukrainian law does not prohibit the use of thin plastic bags for such products as primary packaging. However, this does not solve the pressing problem.

If you're willing to give up bags once and for all, then you'll need containers in the meat or fish department. Just be prepared for the huge rounded eyes of the salesman behind the counter.

Not everyone is ready to take your container, put it on a scale and press the zero weight button. Unfortunately, to some, this seems to be something super complicated. But don't despair! Practice shows that you can always achieve your goal. People need to show that there are other ways to consume.

The total rejection of packages leads to another problem. Where to put purchased products in the store or on the market? Comfortable fabric bags come to the rescue. Shoppers can withstand an impressive number of kilograms. They also come in different sizes. It all depends on your needs.

Young people are popularizing the use of avosek. The mesh wicker household bag has been known since the times of the USSR. They say that fashion is cyclical. And it's great that at least sometimes it's really useful.

According to the new law of Ukraine, biopacks for garbage will remain on sale. From the usual, they differ in price and the ability to decompose into elements of natural origin. Are people willing to pay more for the environment?

Oxodegradable bags are also sold. This is a trick of manufacturers, which should not be believed. Such packages are decomposed into microplastics. By the way, we have a whole separate article about him. In other words, it makes no sense to buy such a bag in the hope that it is safer than conventional plastic.

The best way to replace garbage bags cornstarch. Yeah, they're more expensive, too. This is a good investment in the future of our planet. If you live in Ukraine, check out the Novis website. There you will find quality garbage biopacks that can be bought in bulk.

For the past few years, I've been sorting waste, using my bags, shopping. I leave the cafe with my reusable cup and iron straw. I buy beans at the market in my tray, and I ask you to weigh the nuts in a paper bag, which I have already used about 10 times.

Is it difficult? Hardly. It is not a matter of complexity, but that people are corny lazy. A lot of people don’t care what’s around them. What sorting of secondary raw materials can we talk about if some are not even able to reach the urn?

Until people begin to change from the inside out, they are unlikely to want to influence what happens from the outside. I hope this article inspires you to become a more eco-conscious person. Remember that in any business the main thing is to start. And even the most seemingly insignificant action matters!

Tags

See also

New and interesting