The teenager showered his mother with reproaches, but soon found out how much money she spends on him

Perhaps, in every family there comes a period when the relationship of teenagers with parents becomes tense. It is very important for the parent to take the right position. To set the necessary boundaries and not to abuse authority. Inga had to face a similar ordeal when her 14-year-old son began counting his money.

Peels Teenage Relationships With Parents Inga's shop case never complained about life. Despite 2 failed marriages and the status of a single mother, the woman always remained optimistic. Moreover, her last husband, the father of their common child, always helped with money (not counting alimony) and tried to maintain friendly relations.

Peels Once after transferring a certain amount from the ex-spouse "to new things for the small" Inga and her son Vlad went to the mall. In one of the clothing stores, Inga saw screaming signposts with discounts. She could use a pair of good socks. Only 30 rubles. Funny price. Before she could see them, she suddenly heard Vlad’s breaking voice:

- Mom, we came to get clothes for me and we're gonna buy them with my money.

- Your money?

- Yeah. In fact, Dad gave me that money through you. So let's move on to those T-shirts.

Inga didn't know how to react to her son's behavior. She had no idea he had the nerve to talk to her like that. And in public. She wanted to ask if his mother felt sorry for a pair of socks. But this was not the best option, as there was a possibility of a loud quarrel.

Peels Vlad chose his clothes, barely looking at the price tags. He believed that his father’s help was limitless. While he was running around with hangers in the dressing rooms, Inga thought she'd better do it when she got home. She won't tolerate that kind of treatment. Whether it's her son or anyone else. Fortunately, the idea came to her right near the cash register.

When Vlad laid out things in front of the saleswoman, it turned out that the total amount exceeded the amount of cash that Inga had. She told her son she had to give up something. To which Vlad impatiently began to persuade her to withdraw the missing amount from her personal card. Since she is his mother and is obliged to support him until the age of majority. Inga agreed and returned 10 minutes later with the money.

After the mother and son returned home, Inga went outside to talk to her ex-husband on the phone. She talked about what happened at the store and her plan, which she had been hatching for over an hour. After a short time, the former spouses came to an agreement, and Inga bravely returned home.

"Because you're that old," she told Vlad during dinner. - You'll live like an adult. Your dad and I agreed that from now on you would pay for everything you eat, drink and consume. That is food, drink, clothing and utilities. But since you're not working, the money you spent will be taken out of the alimony that comes next month. I'll give you the rest, and you can do whatever you want with it. Okay?

Vlad stared at his mother and then became angry. In the end, he agreed to her terms, although he had previously threatened to run away to his father or grandmother. Since Inga was ready for blackmail, Vlad was left with nothing.

For the next week, Inga calculated Vlad’s money and every day showed the amount that was spent on his maintenance. Not to humiliate, but to understand the value of money. The further things went, the more Vlad changed. By the end of the week, he had sincerely apologized to Inga. After all, before he simply did not understand that money is a finite thing and you need to be reasonable during spending.

In addition, Vlad came to the conclusion that his mother is a heroine, since she can cope with the house and other things, operating on her small salary and alimony. Inga happily reconciled with her son. All the resentment disappeared in an instant, giving way to a simple understanding that Vlad is still a child who does not fully understand this life. And it is good that his "learning" began now, under the wing of his mother.

Peels - Mom, do you want me to buy you a gift? - Vlad asked enthusiastically.

Inga could not answer, but only smiled and wept.

The relationship of teenagers with parents – the result of the relationship of teenagers with parents can turn into a similar problem? Did Inga do the right thing? What other challenges can teenagers and their parents face?

Tags

See also

New and interesting