Vasily Shukshin liked to say that the master should dip his pen into the truth.

Vasily Makarovich Shukshin is one of the most famous Soviet directors, writers and actors. In each story, film or role, he talked about ordinary people, skillfully revealing their characters and true feelings. Today we have selected for you the favorite statements of Shukshin, filled with insight and unique folk wisdom.

In the words of Shukshin, “There is a lot of justice in life.” They say, “Yesenin lived little.” That's the song. If she, this song, were longer, it wouldn't be so aching. There are no long songs.”

View this post on Instagram

Publication from Gorky Film Studio (@gorkyfilmstudio)

You want all people to live the same way. Two logs and then burn differently, and you want people to live the same way!

“The strong in this world will know everything: shame, torment, judgment, and the joy of enemies.”

Post from the Hero - among us! (@russia_home)

“Good, kind ... This medal is worn through one. Good is a good deed, it is difficult, it is not easy. Do not boast of goodness, do not do evil!

“Why does a man spare neither strength nor means nor health? To pleasure. Only in his youth he is ready to give health for this, in old age - to give pleasure for health.”

Publication from Favorite Soviet Cinema (@sov_kinodom)

This is how you live - forty-five years - you keep thinking: nothing, one day I will live well, easily. And time goes by... And so you will come to this very hole in which you have to lie down - and all my life I waited for something. The question is, what should we have waited for, and not to do such joys as can be done? Here: there is money, there are extraordinary boots - take, make a person happy! It may not be possible.”

“In life, with age, you begin to understand the power of a person who is constantly thinking. It's a tremendous force that conquers. Everything dies: youth, charm, passions – everything grows old and collapses. Thought does not perish, and the man who carries it through life is beautiful.”

About the society "Lies, lies, lies ..." Lies - for salvation, lies - for atonement of guilt, lies - the achievement of a goal, lies - career, prosperity, orders, apartments. Lies! The whole of Russia is covered with lies like bark.”

Posted by His Favorite Oxana Ged-KN (@oksana.kbr07)

Do not touch the army, do not touch the police, do not touch the party apparatus, do not touch officials of ministerial rank. Well, I'm not gonna be a man myself. All are good in Russia!

“No mind, no truth, no power, no living idea. What do they use to rule us with? The only explanation is our own stupidity. This is what we need to beat and beat our art.”

Throughout its history, the Russian people have selected, preserved and elevated to a degree of respect such human qualities that cannot be revised: honesty, hard work, conscientiousness, kindness. From all the historical catastrophes we have brought out and preserved the great Russian language, which was handed down to us by our grandfathers and fathers. Believe that it was not in vain: our songs, our fairy tales, our unimaginable weight of victory, our suffering – do not give it all for the smell of tobacco. We knew how to live. Remember that. Be human.

“A critical attitude toward oneself is what makes a person truly intelligent.” So in art and in literature: if you know your fair share, it will be useful.

“If you want to be a master, dip your pen into the truth. Nothing else will surprise you.”

Publication by Ivan Sadovnikov. From Russia. (@ivan.sadovnikov)

In all reviews only: Shukshin loves his heroes. Shukshin lovingly describes his heroes. What am I, an idiot, to love everyone? Or blessed? They don't want to think about it, shit. Or they don't. Both, probably.”

“Write so that words burst like bullets in a fire.”

“The narrator writes one great novel all his life. It is then judged when the novel is completed and the author is dead.”

Personally, I tried to talk about the soul, or what, and not about the external biography, external events. They what? They happen to us every day. And we stay less with ourselves.”

It is worth us to look at ourselves more often, to be more attentive, to be more like, smarter, a little more to others. We call, and now and then, forget about it. And that's sad.

“Yes, I would like to laugh and hate, and I do. But after all, I judge by a high, high-heavy court - the so-called simple, average, normal positive person does not suit me. Sick. Boring.

“Never, never in my life have I allowed myself to live a relaxed life falling apart. Always tense and focused. Good and bad. Good, I didn’t let myself get knocked down; bad, I start twitching, I sleep with my fists clamped... It may end badly, I may crack with tension.”

“All my life I consider as a fight in three rounds: youth, maturity, old age. Two of these rounds need to be won. I already lost one.

Publication by Igor Efimov (@igefimof)

“Look how many good people there are around. You just have to live. You just have to live smart. I've seen a lot of things. My soul grieves. But she remembers. Give me some time, buddy, it's gonna be all right.

In 2004, an 8-meter bronze monument to Shukshin was installed on Piket Mountain near the village of Srotki. Barefoot, he sits on a hill in the same position as in the last frame of the film “Bench stoves” and as if watching the life of his native land and its inhabitants.

Tags

See also

New and interesting