In July, it was reported that the 16-year-old son will soon become a father.

Responsible parenthood It involves the conscious decision of a man and woman to have a child. The couple feel that they are ready to have a baby in the family. And they are doing everything they can to make this process happen in the best possible way. Both for themselves and for the future.

We do not live in an ideal world where parents are always conscious adults. Intimacy between men and women remains a taboo topic in the CIS countries. The lack of education among young people leads to early pregnancies and other problems. What do you do when you become a parent as a teenager? We're going to talk about that in more detail today.

In July, I learned that my 16-year-old son would soon become a father himself. A girl was born. For several months she lived with her mother, and then it turned out that the girl is not ready to devote all her time to the baby.

My son and I took the girl with us. But I will not interfere with the communication of the child and his mother. I respect the girl who gave life to our little miracle. I don’t think having a baby at such a young age is a mistake.

I'm proud of my son. He accepted reality as it is. He did not refuse to be a father or persuade the child’s mother to get rid of him whenever possible. Now we have full custody of the girl and every day we learn something new. I see my son melting into fatherhood and he likes it.

This is a true story from the life of TikTok-blogger Michelle En. The woman shared it on social media and enlisted the support of thousands of followers.

In fact, this case is quite indicative. While some are ashamed that their teenage children have become parents, and try to hide it, others show that their children have become parents. What is responsible parenting? Reproaches won't get you anywhere. You need to take the situation into your own hands and together with a new parent to raise a baby.

Michelle Ann didn't just support her son Parker. She let him know he wasn't alone. He does not need to hide anything and seek help on the side. He can trust his mother completely. She also teaches her son to respect his daughter’s mother, even though she has abandoned motherhood.

The woman's subscribers admire her. Many write that she sets an example to other mothers who may find themselves in a similar situation. It's expensive! In one of her videos, Michelle Anne says, "Being a parent is a marathon, not a sprint." And it really is. With each new step, the ground under your feet becomes harder, and confidence in yourself and your strength is stronger.

We believe that parents should talk to their children about any taboo topic. Especially when it comes to health and getting pregnant. Savvy and knowledgeable teenagers are less likely to find themselves in situations that put a person before a serious choice: leave the child or get rid of it.

Imagine how many interventions could have been avoided if teenagers knew what they were risking. Explain to the child what is the responsibility of parents, not teachers and other strangers.

What do you think about early pregnancy? How do you think this can be avoided? If you have a teenage child, have you ever told them what it means to be safe with a partner? The subject is slippery, but important. Please share your point of view in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting