It's been 40 days since her husband flew to heaven, woke up broken and heard a knock on the door.

Words of support for a loved one can save a life. After the end of her husband's life, Valentina Ivanovna felt as if part of it She left with him. Valya was breathing, sleeping, eating a little bit, but as if she was somewhere not here. My son saw it, but he didn’t know how it could help.

Oleg quietly entered his mother's room. She lay motionless on the pillow and looked into the wall. Mother didn't even move.It was as if I hadn’t noticed that someone was there. They were in an apartment that was given to their father. I was about to move somewhere else. A place that was not imbued with the spirit of his father. The adult son thought about it, sighed and quietly asked:

- Mom, how are you feeling? I really want to talk to you. Let me make you some coffee and some breakfast. You hardly eat anything...
- I wanted to say that I feel normal, but I don’t feel that way. Not good or bad. It's like I'm not here at all. We don't need breakfast, let's just have coffee.

They went to the kitchen where Oleg made coffee. He was genuinely concerned about his mother and her health. My father never complained about anything either. And here's what happened. In conversation with his mother, he tried to comfort her, but the thought constantly revolved in his head: “The father is no more.” Father is gone and never will be!

My mom said time heals, but she looked like a ghost. Oleg also tried to convince himself that time heals. He asked his mother to stay with her parents for a while, but she refused. Mom asked me to take her to a new apartment. to be alone.

- No, I can't leave you alone for a while. Let's at least talk to Igor.

Igor was his father's driver. Perhaps his memories could comfort his mother. Sometimes. Drivers know even more wives.

- Okay, that's probably not a bad idea. When will he come?
- I'll arrange to come by tomorrow night. We'll have tea together, talk about Dad. Remember when I got mad at my dad when he refused to help me get to university and get a job?

- Yeah, you were so angry then, and I begged Yura to come to her senses. You can't help your own child. Where do you see it?
- Mom, Dad was totally right, of course. I understand that now. He wanted me to accomplish everything and learn a few things. For example, be independent and take responsibility for your actions. It helps a lot now. I'm going to interview tomorrow morning. Maybe you can get a good job.

An unexpected gift came the next day Igor. He greeted the son and wife of his beloved employer. Igor sadly thought that he would never reprimand him again for tinkering with the engine for a long time or forgetting to refuel on time.

- Valentina Ivanovna, I want to tell you something about Yuri Fedorovich. Remember when he went on a business trip a year ago?
- Yes, of course.
- He was not on a business trip, but in the hospital. Then there were problems...
- How is that so? I have not been deceived in my life, Valya exclaimed.
- He did not want to disturb you and Oleg, because he knew that you could not help him. He just told me. He warned me to give you something in case he was gone.

Igor gave Vala a small bag, said goodbye and left. I found it in the bag. letter-box. Valentina took the letter, but could not finish because of the tears that covered her eyes.

“Valusha, my love, please do not be sad. It so happens that your faithful protector will now protect you only as a guardian angel. Don't cry. I want you to find someone who will love you as much as I do. Go ahead and I'll keep an eye on you and Oleg from above. Your Jura.

There was a beautiful ring in the box. Valya put it on and suddenly felt that Yura was there again. That ring was so warm. She knew that she was waiting for many sleepless nights full of tears and sobs. But she also felt relieved. They finally said goodbye.

Tags

See also

New and interesting