I don't want my husband's relative to live with us for 5 years while she's at university.

When two hearts that love each other meet, and then begin to live together, it seems they can do everything. After all, in the initial stages there is no routine, important worries and annoying household. Just him and her. But sometimes it also happens that annoying relatives become an obstacle to everything. Alien relatives - especially distant, but impudent.

Someone once said, “Simplicity is worse than stealing.” And he was absolutely right. Some people just don’t understand rejection. For them, relatives are a source of solution to their problems, nothing more. And they're not even embarrassed to show it. How to deal with such things, what to do? The question is not easy, and for some it is completely unsolvable.

My future husband and I met like in a Soviet film: on public transport. Nothing particularly romantic, just a conversation between two young men and an exchange of phone numbers. I stressed for myself that he did not look like an ordinary city guy, there was so much sincerity and openness in him.

And I was right. Misha was from the village, and came to us for some business. Buy parts for agricultural machinery. And yet, I liked him. We continued to chat online, and a couple of months later he suggested I meet him. I didn't mind.

Then it turned out that Michael is my enviable groom. Despite the fact that I earned more than him (what salary there is now in the village), he had great prospects. Judge for yourself: my uncle worked in the local administration. Parents are not the last people in the village. And so on.

The wedding was massive. It seemed like it was all down. And the edges. If there were a dozen guests from my side, God forbid, then there were a couple of hundred people from my husband’s side. No one told my parents about splitting the budget. Everything was paid by Misha's family, she, in fact, walked there.

Misha moved into my apartment, where I had already lived alone for three years. He is smart and quickly found a job nearby. My friends warned me that since he was from the village, I would not rest. I'll turn into a cleaner cook and he'll sit on the stove. You will not find such a hardworking person in the day with fire. He helped me with everything, even though he came back from work sometimes in the late evening.

But the problems didn’t start because of him, but because of his many relatives. They started calling on the phone and asking how we were doing. I think everyone who was at the wedding called. Then they offered to meet somewhere in neutral territory in the city - to talk and drink a seagull.

And then they started asking for a visit. A cousin comes and sits there looking at us. And what else to do, he sees me for the second time in his life, and with Michael last spring quarreled. There's nothing to talk about. But to come and see how we live, so that there is something to talk about in the village, is holy.

There was a grandma in her 90s. She says she came on the road to see her relatives and see me in person. At first, she blessed us, but then joked that the apartment was not cleaned. Then she complained that her health was not the same and no one was watching her. Pityed all day, then fell asleep. By the end of the day, we were on the bus. And Misha said he hadn't seen that grandmother in 15 years. He remembers her when he went to school.

Now here's another attack. My cousin wants to go to university. A good, capable girl, I have nothing against her. But her parents are strongly opposed to her living in a dormitory. This will ruin it, it is impossible to study there, only partying, and maybe something worse.

But why give her money for a rented apartment, if there is Misha and his wife's apartment? Let the child live with them! What, a two-bedroom apartment? The Institute is very close, think, for 5 years. We'll make friends.

That kind of insolence made me speechless. It turns out that during these 5 years I will have to be responsible for a girl I don’t know, court her, maybe even help financially. Do I need it? Feeling like a stranger in your own apartment. In addition, during this period it is unlikely to be possible to give birth to a child. Where will he sleep?

I naturally refused. And I got a huge amount of negativity. My husband’s family started calling and embarrassing me. They asked us to come in and help. Family, after all. My mother-in-law surprised me. Said that if I treat my husband's family like that, they're not on my way. She doesn't need a daughter-in-law like that.

The strange thing is that Misha supported me at first. But after the call of the mother categorically changed his point of view. He started begging me to help. It's nonsense, and the girl is as quiet as a mouse. She'll learn her lessons, we won't even hear her. It’s still too early to think about children, money hasn’t been made yet.

Now I think, or maybe still try to give at least half a year to new relatives. It may be difficult and uncomfortable, but in their eyes I will become more positive. Although my friends discourage me with all their might. But let’s be honest: don’t we get divorced because of this nonsense?

Tags

See also

New and interesting