Selection of hand stitches for noble masters

I still remember the time when I needed a snowflake dress for the morning, and buying it at the store was a problem. My mother had to make this dress with her own hands. We had it at home. sewerBut it was not super cool and often broke, and it was difficult to fix it.

And some things, including this snowflake dress, my mother sewed for me with only hand stitches. The outfit was excellent and if not for the fact that the dress was thematic and I had to wear it only once, it could last a very long time. Not matching today's Chinese things, sewn together by rotten threads and somewhat hastily on a sewing machine.

Earlier. handicraft They weren't as valuable as they are now. A month ago in Italy, I saw excellent women’s and men’s costumes of incredible quality. The price was also at a very high level. When asked what was so special about them, the fashion designer said they were sewn without a sewing machine. Fully hand stitches!

Of course, it is faster to write on a typewriter. But it's not always convenient. And those who want to learn to sew, just need to master. basic stitches. For example, I discovered more than five strangers.

Editorial "Site" I have prepared for you 12 types of hand seam, which will certainly help you in your home.

1. Here's an example of a French seam. Such a seam is used in the processing of sutures on products made of thin and transparent fabrics.

2. And this is the underside view of the coat, which is completely handmade. This product belongs to the hands of the Swedish. Very patient, in my opinion. She decided to sew her wardrobe by hand. And says that the seams do not stretch and unravel, of course.

3. A small visual master class on creating hand stitches. How do you like this job?

4. I was most impressed by this type of stitch. It's called Elizabethan. More than two centuries ago, this is how many things were sewn. After sewing, this upper seam was stretched to make it flat. And stitches made frequent: no more than 2 mm from each other.

In ancient times, in order for the seam to be smooth and strong, threads were rubbed with wax. I think it's a great idea for today, if you need a strong seam.

5. Here's another good master class for you.

6. You're gonna need some of these. flexer The edges of the future product.

7. And here's another good example of connecting seams.

8. If you need to cut shoulder or side slices, here's your convenience. stitching. For those who did not know or forgot, I remind you that grinding is a thread connection of two or more parts approximately equal in size, combined in slices.

9. Another example of stagnation.

10. There are many kinds of hand stitches. They are especially useful for those who do not have a sewing machine. Or high-end tailors who sew everything by hand.

11. A good example of a hand flex.

12. Stitches are used very often. Because they can process the bottom of the product, and the bottom of the sleeves, and the inner edges of the rebounds, sharpenings, openings, as well as treat the edges of the finishing parts on products embroidered from light fabrics. Like shuttles, ruffles, frills.

I also suggest you get acquainted with 10 useful and simple sewing life hacks from experienced tailors, with whom sewing will be interesting, exciting, and most importantly, simple.

I hope you found this article helpful. Be sure to keep this convenient collection with hand-stitch. And don’t forget to share this useful information with your friends on social networks!

Tags

See also

New and interesting