Types of hand stitches

In 2019, textured fabrics are in fashion, starting with tweed, drap and ending with velvet. And if we talk about drape, now in the trend rough handcraftingIt takes us back to the 70s and 80s. But the retro style is again at the peak of popularity!

By the way, many expensive and exclusive things are very often sewn without the use of a sewing machine. Completely. hand-stitch!

In addition, many famous couturiers repeatedly speak in their interviews about the importance of hand seams not only in creating novelties of high fashion, but also in everyday life.

Types of hand stitches that is why today's edition "Site" I have prepared for you, dear reader, a wonderful pick-up. I'll definitely keep this cheat sheet!

1. A tambourine seam is a continuous series of loops emerging from one another. This seam must be performed from right to left. First, we fix the thread, bring it to the front side, throw a loop, make a small stitch 4 mm long and remove the needle. The thread tightens with a loop.

Again, throw the thread of the loops, inject the needle into the point from which we output in the previous stitch. This seam can be performed in the form of a zigzag strip. Then the hinges on the front side will be located alternately, then to the left, then to the right from the middle line of the seam.

2. These stitches are also used in embroidery. I especially liked the Christmas tree.

3. A small visual master class on creating hand stitches. How do you like this job? 4561.02

4. The seam "Worm" is performed from right to left in two colors of threads. One color embroidered zigzag line. To do this, diagonally from right to left loop fix the working thread, get the first stitch. Push the needle from above into the first stitch and output to the lower left corner of the next square. Then repeat the first stitch, and so on until the end of the row. After completing the desired length, from left to right embroidery the missed stitch. We fasten the thread of contrasting color loops from the back side and wrap stitches.

5. The "French knot" seam is used as a decorative element in cases where a cross of this color is very large. And the French knot is just right!

6. Two more interesting stitches.

7. Well, there's a whole collection of stitches!

8. loop seam It belongs to the edge seams. It can be used in the decoration of both embroidery and knitted products.

9. The fern seam looks like a stem with leaves. To make the pattern look more natural, you can change the angle of inclination and length of the leaves.

And to learn in more detail how to make such hand stitches, watch the video in which a beautiful woman, pensioner Olga Popsueva in detail and easily shows and tells how to do it. basic and lines.

about:blank

Each seamstress has its own little secrets that distinguish the work of a beginner from the work of a professional. I suggest you familiarize yourself with 10 life hacks for beginner seamstresses. By the way, some of these tips are useful even for experienced needlewomen!

Knowing hand seams is a rather useful skill, thanks to which you can add uniqueness to your wardrobe, process the edges of the product and create uniqueness. I really hope that this collection was useful for you, it will contribute to the development of your talent.

Share this. handmade With your friends on social media, they will be grateful.

Tags

See also

New and interesting