How to Spend a Week After Easter

I spent most of my childhood in the village with my grandmother, a very devout old woman. Instead of children's poems, grandmother taught me to pray.. At the age of five, I already knew the “Our Father”, “Theotokos”, “Trisholy” and “Symbol of Faith”, and on holidays proudly stood up the whole service next to other parishioners of the local church.

DepositPhotos

The week after Easter Village holidays have a special atmosphere. Sometimes it seemed to me that after Easter they did not end until the Trinity. But a special place in the traditions is occupied by the Tombs, when all the local people from small to large dress in the most beautiful clothes, collect baskets with food and drink and go. visit at the cemetery.

On such days, a quiet cemetery turns into a noisy feast, where everyone considers it his duty to remember in the world those who are not nearby. And those who survive until the evening gather near the river and continue the fun. The next party continues under a new name, because after the Tombs it is customary to “cry spring”.

DepositPhotos

I remember envying the children who had fun until midnight and brought sweets and candy bags from the graves. I asked my grandmother to go with everyone once, but she never let me. We spent our time in church, and lunchtime We went to the cemetery when there was almost no one there.

At that time I was incomprehensible and hurt. But now I understand why my dear grandmother, the kingdom of heaven, behaved this way. Thank you for this invaluable experience.

DepositPhotos Tradition to share the feast on Christ’s Resurrection together with dead relatives It still exists today. And although the days of commemoration are called in the old way: Fomino Sunday, Antipascha, Radonitsa, but celebrate them differently. The remembrance of the dead is becoming more and more a regular drink.

DepositPhotos Pagan Red Slide is called Fomino Sunday, which in 2019 falls on May 5. This holiday has ancient pre-Christian roots, when the Slavs celebrated the final arrival of spring. But with the adoption of Christianity, this day became the first day of Radonitsa week.

Many of us have forgotten that week-long special. The Church calls not to grieve for the temporary separation from loved ones, but to rejoice in the victory over death received in exchange for the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ.

DepositPhotos

The joy of Easter should be shared with the deceased relatives, because they died in the hope of resurrection and eternal life.

Remembrance of the deceased reflects human belief in one-manThe belief that even after death people will remain faithful to Him. Easter commemoration at the cemetery (Radonitsa) is celebrated on the ninth day after Easter, on Tuesday, May 7. On this day, people collect festive dinners with kulichs and eggs and go to the graves of relatives.

DepositPhotos

But if it is not possible to come to the cemetery on Tuesday, you can remember the dead on Parental Saturday or Fomino Sunday. The main question is, “Why am I going to the cemetery?” In the world to remember, eat and drink? ?

It is much more important to pray for the soul of the deceased, and any drunkenness is unacceptable. The Church has established a strict order of commemoration for laity a week after Easter.

DepositPhotos Order of Remembrance of the Dead
  1. Start by visiting the temple. Pray to the Lord for the departed and set a candle for the repose of his soul.
  2. Go to the cemetery and clean the grave. You don't have to paint it bright. flowery! This is a sin that harms all of humanity, because plastic decomposes for more than 100 years. It is better to plant live flowers on the grave, which are no more expensive than plastic.
  3. Take a candle with you and light it near the grave. Invite the priest to pray: turning to the Lord, the holy father asks for forgiveness of the deceased soul. You can read for yourself "The Chin of the Lithia performed by a layman at home and in the cemetery" and Akathist on the Repose of the Dead. If you do not know these prayers, read Our Father .

DepositPhotos

4. If possible, charity People who often gather near the cemetery. On a memorial day, do not feed the dead, feed the hungry.
  5. End the memorial day at the temple. In the evening prayer to God, thank Him for the eternal life that awaits every believing Christian.

All remembrance should be done only with pious intentions. Radonitsa is not a worry about death, but joyful birth Your loved ones in eternal life. Prepare for this holiday in advance and learn or rewrite memorial Orthodox prayers.

DepositPhotos

“Remember, O Lord our God, in the faith and hope of the life of your eternally departed servant, our brother (name), and as the Good and Lover of Man, letting go of sins and consuming unrighteousness, weaken, forsake and forgive all his free transgressions and involuntary ones, deliver him from the eternal torments and fire of Gehensk, and grant him the communion and enjoyment of your eternal good ones, prepared by the loving One God, and the Trinity, and the Holy One, not even from the Holy One God, and the Holy One in the Trinity, but in the Holy One, and the Holy One, and the Holy One in the Holy One, and the Holy One, and the Holy One in the Holy One, and the Holy One, and the Holy One in the Holy One in the Holy One.”

Be merciful to him, and believe in thee instead of works imputed, and with thy saints as magnanimous rest: for bear man, who liveth and shall not sin. But you are one except all sin, and your righteousness is righteous forever, and you are one God of mercy and generosity and love of humanity, and we give you glory to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and ever and ever. Amen.

DepositPhotos

Always consult a priest if you do not know how to hold a memorial meal after a funeral. Remember that remembrance of the dead means the desire to help the soul, to alleviate its suffering, and not to fill the stomach with food.

If you dream of a deceased relative or close person, do not worry about it. Pray for him, and pray for him and his soul.

If we missed something, write us in the comments. How to behave properly in the cemetery It is better to remember the dead.

Show this useful article to your friends on social networks, because this is the information that everyone should know about.

Tags

See also

New and interesting