What prayers should be said on the day of the Ascension of the Lord

On June 6, 2019, Orthodox believers celebrate a great holiday – the Ascension of the Lord. This is one of the most important and important church holidays. Ascension of Christ It is celebrated on the fortieth day after Easter.

This is a special day for believers, and therefore the main tradition of this holiday is a trip to church and sincere prayer. Today's edition. "Site" It will tell you how to pray on the day of Ascension and what prayers to say. And even if the holiday is over and you haven't had the opportunity to pray or go to church, you can do it any other day. There is always time for sincere prayer.

After the resurrection, Jesus was on earth for another 40 days, after which he ascended to heaven. He told his disciples that they would be saved. The resurrection and ascension of Christ convinced the apostles and all who doubted the power and divinity of the Savior.

Ascension was one of the most significant events in sacred history that we honor to this day. Now the holiday has acquired great theological significance. Ascension is a symbol of eternal spiritual life. This is what every true Christian aspires to, which is why this holiday is so important to all of us.

Church books describe this day as something truly wonderful. Jesus ascended into heaven, telling the apostles not to abandon his teaching. People saw a miracle and realized that life is not just a physical shell. They realized that man can choose between eternity and spiritual death.

Today we remember the miracle that Jesus gave us and pray for eternal life, forgiveness of sins and purification of the soul. On this day, Christians thank the Lord for his help and support. Also on this day you can ask and pray for the most secret.

It is advisable to go to church on this day and listen to the Liturgy. On this holiday she is special and fills the heart with joy and happiness. However, if you can not go to church, you can pray at home in front of the icon. What matters is not the place, but the sincerity of your prayers.

On this day, as on any other day, you can say any prayer. If only they came from the heart, and your thoughts were pure and unselfish. There are also prayers for the Lord’s Ascension, which become a powerful talisman on this day. These prayers can be said on any other day, if only with faith in the heart.

Prayer for good luck: O Lord Almighty! Lord of Heaven! Protect us from evil, evil and misery. Fill my life with luck, happiness and self-confidence. May success never leave me and my family. May there be peace in the world, great Lord. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

DepositPhotos

Prayer for the well-being of the Ascension: “Father of heaven, our great Lord!” I offer my prayer to you, so listen to me and do not leave your servant unheeded. Give me your support, become my protector, do not let your spirit die! Strengthen my faith, guide me to the right path and give me happiness and prosperity in this world. I give praise and glory to You; I will never cease to honor Your Name. Now and forever and ever. Amen. Amen. Amen.

“Lord Jesus Christ, our God, who descended from the heavenly heights of our salvation for our sake and nourished us with spiritual joy on the holy and bright days of Your Resurrection, and who ascended from us to heaven with glory and ascended to the right hand of God and the Father.”

On this clear and all-light day of the Divine ascension into heaven, Your earth celebrates and rejoices, and the heavens also rejoice with the Ascension of the Creator of creation today, the people glorify their incessantly, erroneously and fallen nature on Your Ramo, Your Savior, lifted up in weight and into heaven, but the angels rejoice, saying: Who is this, who has come in glory, strong in battle, this is truly the King of Glory?

Like us, too, weak, earthly still wise, and flesh-pleasing create unceasing, Your rising to heaven is terrible thinking and idle, carnal and worldly to put aside care, and from Your Apostles to heaven now look with all your heart and with all your thinking, reminiscent, as there is a mountain in heaven our dwelling, here on earth we are travelers and aliens of the Esma, who departed from the house of the Father into the land far away sin.

For this reason we fervently ask You, by Your glorious Ascension, O Lord, to revive our conscience, for we need nothing else in the world, raise us up from the captivity of this sinful flesh and world, and make us mountain wise, and not earthly wisdom, for let us not please ourselves and live, but we will serve and work to You the Lord and Our God, having renounced the bonds of the flesh and passed unconscionable air toration, and will reach to Your holy and living Angels, in Your name, in the Holy One and living, and in the Oneness, in the Holy One, and in the Holy One, and in the Holy One, and in the Holy One, and in the One. Amen.

When reading a prayer, words are not as important as your thoughts and feelings. It is important to sincerely thank Jesus for coming to earth, suffering and dying for our sins, and then resurrecting and ascending to heaven. From the bottom of our hearts we need to ask him to continue to protect our love.

DepositPhotos

Let us rejoice in this glorious feast and offer our prayers to the Lord. May your heart be filled with joy and happiness today. Have a great holiday!

about:blank

We also talked about how to celebrate the feast of the Ascension of the Lord in 2019.

Soon believers will celebrate another great holiday – the Trinity. Find out what not to do on this day.

There are many important holidays ahead. To avoid missing any of them, take a look at the most detailed Orthodox calendar for 2019.

Tags

See also

New and interesting