The quirks of a young mother-in-law

It is rare to meet a family where the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law would be completely satisfied with each other. And that's because of frequent communication. However, the opposite happens when mother-in-law doesn't help He has little interest in the life of his son’s family.

Today's edition. "Site" It will tell the story of our subscriber who feels no support from her husband's mother. The girl believes that her young mother-in-law is too passionate about her personal life and does not care about her relatives at all. Is that true?

Young mother-in-law Marina Petrovna is only 40 years old. She married early and had two children early. At 18 she gave birth to my husband Roma, and a year later to his brother. The mother-in-law and her husband had a great love, they married as soon as he returned from the army.”

“Roma said they had a wonderful family. Immediately after school, Marina Petrovna graduated from accounting courses and began to build a career. She is currently an accountant for a large company.

But when Roma turned 10, his father died in a car accident. Grandparents did not have to count on, so Marina Petrovna raised the boys herself. Even then, she stated that after graduation, school will no longer take care of them, so let them learn their independence.”

“While her sons were in school, Marina Petrovna paid them tutors. The boys had to go to the budget, because she was not going to pay for school. They wanted to choose a profession that would feed them.

Roma and I got married as students. The mother-in-law compensated for part of the cost of the wedding, gave a wedding trip for two. And then I said goodbye and just disappeared from our lives. I could have called and asked if everything was okay. And then it disappeared again.

“Roma's younger brother stayed with his mother while he was at the institute, but she stopped providing for him. “I’m not going to support a grown man,” said Marina Petrovna. I kept my word again.

We recently had a daughter. The mother-in-law came to congratulate, brought a huge bag of diapers and other hygiene products. She kissed everyone and disappeared again.”

“The fact is that Marina Petrovna has a tumultuous personal life. On weekdays, she works, and on weekends she rides a bicycle, goes on excursions and even goes hiking. In winter, bicycles are replaced by skis. And recently, she seriously planned to marry a new boyfriend, with whom she recently flew on vacation.

On our requests to sit with my granddaughter or help with renting an apartment, she just shrugs off: “Do it yourself.” I once raised children without grandparents, and you will succeed. And she also says that if she wants to mess with a child, she will marry and give birth to herself.”

“It is a shame for such indifference. When Roma lived alone, he had enough money. Now there are three of us. mother-in-law It would have been a good thing. Especially since my parents are retired, I am their youngest and they can only help with vegetables from the country. But Marina Petrovna enjoys life in full.

Yes, sometimes she gives us gifts, but that's too little. One day I got very sick with the flu, and she came to sit with her granddaughter. But only I felt better, as my mother-in-law waved her pen: “Next to myself, I have things to do.” And she left. Is that normal? the indignant daughter-in-law asks.

We are used to the model when grandparents are ready to give the last for the sake of children and grandchildren. And this line of behavior seems to many normal and justified, because all these efforts are made for the sake of new generations, who certainly should live freer, richer, happier and better.

But by shrouding children in exorbitant care and shielding them from any trials, who do we end up with? Dependent, unfit for life people who all their lives continue to rely on anyone but themselves? Perhaps such a radical detachment is the best way to cultivate independence in children without denying yourself the opportunity to live a full life?

Tags

See also

New and interesting