What gifts will please the daughter-in-law

A woman who has a good relationship with her mother-in-law can only be envied. It often happens differently. But even in great relationships, where daughter-in-law As a daughter, there are often misunderstandings, because of which the family idyll can collapse.

And today's edition. "Site" She will share a story when her mother-in-law gives inappropriate gifts, although she is in good relations with her daughter-in-law. What is it, a hidden hint or inability to give good gifts to a loved one?

My mother-in-law always considered her mother-in-law a good woman, and we get along perfectly. She visits regularly and helps around the house. Sometimes he will come, iron things, or wash the dishes, or clean the cupboards. In our house, where two young children, even such help is not superfluous, says Tatiana.

“They never criticized, reproached, or tried to offend. The soul does not like grandchildren, happily agrees to sit with them. We have a great relationship with her, and from the first day without embarrassment I call her mother. And she can be honest with me, complain about my father-in-law and his unbearable character.

“She is a wonderful hostess and cooks as if she had worked all her life as a chef in a respectable restaurant. I continue to learn a lot from her, and I am not offended at all when my husband compares my cooking to what his mother cooks.”

“But there is one problem. At least that's a problem for me. The fact is that every time my birthday comes up, I already know what my mother-in-law will give me in a beautiful package.

“When I got the first pan, I was very happy. We had recently moved and had not yet got enough utensils. And the expensive, thick-walled, double-bottom pan came in handy. It is convenient to cook meat, which the husband loves so much. Then I sincerely thanked and hugged my mother-in-law.”

“But a year later I was handed the pot again. This gift was slightly larger than the previous one, and since we had already got the dishes, he went somewhere to the distant kitchen shelf.

“The third pot was unusual — clay. The mother-in-law noted that in such dishes the food will be much tastier than in modern doubtful containers. I thought it was not bad, because I had never cooked in clay pots.”

“I still couldn’t believe my mother-in-law would come back with a pot the next birthday. Yes, she was again praising her gift and explaining how best to use it. But I did not hear her explanation, only thanked her dryly.”

It’s my birthday again soon, and I almost certainly know what a gift I’m getting. mother-in-law. But I still don't know how to feel about it. Is she insane? Or is she trying to tell me something? Is it possible to calmly accept such constancy? asks Tatiana.

Such similar It really does look strange, because a daughter-in-law in the house probably needs more than pots. Perhaps an elderly woman is unnecessarily worried about her son eating well, or maybe she just considers a young daughter-in-law a bad mistress who is not able to choose even a high-quality pan.

Therefore, no matter how useful gifts may seem, it is worth bringing a little variety to this business. After all, instead of the next pan, you can give something from household appliances or at least choose a beautiful picture in the living room. And if you have confidence in your own taste, you can choose a beautiful lamp or decoration for the daughter-in-law.

You can stop guessing and certificateFor example, to visit a spa - a young woman will certainly not mind such a gift. It is enough to approach with imagination to buy a thing that will please a particular person, even if the recipient of the gift is not the best daughter-in-law in the world.

Tags

See also

New and interesting