Unscrupulous sister never helps mom, she at 64 years old she handles a huge garden

How does childhood resentment affect family relationships in adulthood? Is it worth trying to prove to your mother that you are a good daughter, if she does not want to notice it? The heroine of our life today believes that it is not worth it. What do you think about that?

From personal experience, I can say for sure - to get out of my way and prove something to a mother who initially considered you worse than the second child, is absolutely pointless. I have a younger sister, Vera, and since childhood she was my mother’s favorite.

My mother devoted all her free time to Verochka. All the best things and gifts were given to her. She's a smart girl and she's always been beautiful, and it's like I didn't exist at all.

Five years ago, Vera started her own family and moved from her hometown to the capital. I settled in my native Irkutsk, not far from my father’s house. And despite the fact that now my mother and I see much more often, all our conversations are still about Verochka. Every subject comes down to how good and caring Vera is compared to me.

My sister always reproaches me for not helping my mother, even though I live a stone’s throw away. Like, although she can not come often, but when she arrives, she necessarily helps her mother in the country. And I live on my side and, you know, I don't want to waste time looking after the plot and the garden.

That's right. He will come every six months, spend 3 hours in the garden, and in the evening he will take full bags of guests and return to his capital. And then I got to take care of everything that she and her mom put together all year round. No thanks!

I told my mother for a long time, “Leave that garden alone, let me just buy and bring you the necessary products.” She doesn't want to listen. Says, they say, we are good, our prices are gentle, and Verochka in the capital everything is exorbitant, we should try for her ...

The saddest thing is that with all this, I am also reproached with visits to my mother-in-law. I like to go to the station with pleasure. You can't get your mother out.

But at my mother-in-law's house, I only do what I rest. My husband’s family treats me a thousand times better than their own. Of course, it is much more pleasant to travel to them. I haven't heard a single bad word in the whole time.

At first I was very worried about all this, and then I decided to let go. Since I've always been so worthless and ungrateful to my mom, it's worth trying to convince her. Not that I don't care. But you no longer want to waste your energy on senseless offenses and scandals.

I don’t do my homework, but I always help my mom if necessary. She's been offended for a week that she didn't come to weed the weeds, and then everything comes back to normal. So we live.

What is the best way out of this situation for you? Do you have any advice for our heroine? If so, don’t hesitate to write about it in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting