After hard labor, my mother in the village asked for a loan of $ 500, but received only complaints and outrage in gratitude for the work.

Are older children entitled to the love and care of their parents? The relationship between parents and adults is rarely perfect. Different views on life, misunderstandings, childish resentments come out in adulthood. The true attitude of parents to the child is manifested when the child needs support.

The relationship between parents and adult children “I married Lesha immediately after graduation.” Then I moved in with my husband, and my younger sister stayed with her parents. Vera is now 30 and unmarried. My husband and I always try to help my mom and dad, visit them on the weekends if possible. Without us, potatoes never plant, Lesha does a lot of hard work himself. My father asks for help, and my son-in-law never refuses, because my parents are old.

I never asked my parents for anything, I tried to do it myself. And the sister did not work out with marriage, so mom and dad feel sorry for her. Faith does not work anywhere, hiding behind the fact that you need to look after your parents.

When it comes to her sister, her mother always hints that she wants to give her and Dad the house to Vera. I have a wonderful life: I have a job, a family, housing. That's all I've done myself, I've never sat around my parents' neck. I’ve always been sad that my parents love Vera more. All my childhood I felt she was getting more attention, and that hasn't changed in so many years. I am just as much a child as my younger sister.

I told my mom right away that I wouldn't argue with her and that it was up to her and my dad to decide on housing. And this year it turned out that the parents have put aside a small amount of pension, and gave Vera a ticket to Turkey. It was my first trip abroad, of course. I was also happy for Vera, she is my sister.

Recently, Lesha and I found ourselves in a difficult situation. Lesha's apartment was one-bedroom, we decided that we need to expand so that in a couple of years I could have a child, and we were all comfortable living in a spacious apartment. A couple of years ago, we bought an apartment on credit. This month, we did not calculate the family budget and did not expect Alexei to be delayed in salary, and it was necessary to urgently pay for the apartment. There was no choice but to ask your parents for help.

I knew they were frugal people. Mom and Dad always had a rainy day stash. I had no choice but to ask them for money. When we arrived at Dad's request to help fix the roof, I decided I could ask my parents a favor. When we helped out with the housework, I asked my mother to lend us the amount needed for the monthly contribution.

Then my mother began to tell me that the winter is now fierce, and they did not buy more wood for the winter. And if I don’t feel sorry for them, then I can certainly take their money set aside for firewood. It made me so uncomfortable and hurtful, and at the same time I was surprised by this behavior. My family, whom we never refused to help, responded to almost the only request in my life.

I didn’t take the money as we walked to the car, my dad said something to me about money and that I was never interested in their life. Yes, I did not help financially, but always responded to requests, every weekend instead of resting, I went to their house with my husband, and helped with the housework. I feel like my parents never loved me.”

Ani's parents are not used to their eldest daughter needing help. They saw that the girl handled everything on her own and focused on the youngest daughter. Perhaps because Anya left and built a family, her parents perceived betrayal subconsciously. It's like Anya left them. Whereas Vera was always there.

Unfortunately, not all parents notice that all attention is paid to younger children. For some reason, they feel that the youngest child is less protected. Many focus on raising younger children immediately after they are born. The older children are left unattended. If you don’t tell your mom and dad that you need love and care, they’ll feel like they did the right thing. In part, the behavior of her parents Anya provoked her independence.

Tags

See also

New and interesting