Mom put a loaf of bread in the freezer, I explain why.

How to keep bread fresh longer and what to do so that it does not become stale and not covered with mold in a couple of days? Is it wise for those who hold freezer And should we do the same?

Today's edition. "Site" He suggests that we talk about how to store bread so that it remains in perfect condition for a long time. In hot weather, this is especially important.

Bread in the fridge: I can’t live without bread. And since we usually go to the supermarket with my wife once or twice a week, we always take bread with a stock. Like other products, of course, Vadim writes.

“Yet, lately, we have noticed that the bread has become stale too quickly. If we do not have time to eat, then after three or four days mold may appear. In the past, I think the bread was of better quality and stayed fresh longer. Now it's just trouble. And we always kept it the same - just put it in the kitchen closet.

“The other day there was an unpleasant story. Our mother-in-law came to us, set the table, gathered for lunch. I started cutting bread and was surprised. The fresh bread bought the day before yesterday in a sealed package has already begun to be covered with mold. What are you gonna do? ?

After my indignant cries, my mother-in-law came up, looked at the bread, and thoughtfully declared that we young people do not know how to store bread properly. I had already prepared to listen to more reproaches and useless teachings, but this time my wife's mother pleasantly surprised me. It really showed how to store bread so that it stays fresh longer.”

“The mother-in-law's method has been quite simple. Immediately after the purchase, she removes and throws away the factory packaging. Then he takes an ordinary cellophane bag, makes from 6 to 8 holes in it with a fork, after which he packs bread into this bag.

“And then the most important thing happens. Instead of sending the bag of bread back to the shelf, her mother-in-law put it in the fridge. I tested this method on myself and was satisfied. In such conditions, the bread was kept fresh all week, the man said.

Of course, not everyone wants to keep bread in the refrigerator. There is not enough free space or the taste after the refrigerator is not the same. But if there is a lot of bread, and it is not possible to eat it in the near future, then why not use this proven method?

In addition to a cellophane bag, bread can be packaged in a fabric bag and in paper packaging. And if you put a little salt in the bag in gauze, then mold will not appear even if the refrigerator is turned off for some reason.

The bread can even be kept in the freezer. However, it is better to cut it into pieces and pack each in foil. In such conditions, the product can be stored for a month. If you put it on the top shelf of the refrigerator, then it can be stored there for about three weeks.

The main thing is not to send bread to the refrigerator, which has already begun to deteriorate. Otherwise, the fungus will damage other products that are stored here. You should also not put in the refrigerator and hot pastries.

Have you ever stored bakery products in the refrigerator? What was the result? Tell me in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting