I'm getting smart for my husband's birthday, I'm making sushi cake in a hurry.

My husband loves sushi, but on his birthday I will make cake. Not the usual sweet, but salty, cream cheese and cucumber. And of course, rice! How to cook sushi cake at home, learned from the culinary channel Julia Smol. The recipe is truly amazing: everything is prepared simply, quickly and without problems. And the result, I am sure, will conquer all guests!

Today's edition. "Site" Share the preparation instructions salt-cake with fish and cucumber. A wonderful alternative to sushi!

Cake sushi at home Ingredients for cake
  • 250g rice
  • 300g of water
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • nori
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 avocado (optional)
  • 300g cream cheese
  • 250g weakly salted fish
  • sesame

Ingredients for vinegar for rice dressing
  • 1 tbsp vinegar 9%
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 0.5 tsp salt

Preparation
  1. It is very important to cook rice properly. It should come out sticky and not fall apart. Rice is better to choose a special for sushi, but if you do not find one, then ordinary round-grained rice is also suitable. Rice before cooking should be well washed with running water. In a thick bottom soteinka, combine rice and 300 grams of water, cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium heat.

2. After boiling, reduce the fire to a minimum and boil under the lid for 10-15 minutes. Then turn off the fire and leave the rice under the lid for another 15 minutes. Add rice vinegar to hot rice. If you can not buy it, you can prepare such a refill yourself. To do this, mix vinegar with water, sugar and salt. Stir well and then pour into the hot rice. Add it. rice-stuff taste, but the author of the recipe advises to take about 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.

3. Prepare the form in advance to form a cake. It is better to take a square (for example, 18 by 18 centimeters), if it is not, then a round shape with a diameter of about 20 centimeters is also suitable. Cut the nori sheets with a knife to shape size. The side of the form is well smeared with vegetable oil. Cut the cucumber into thin plates. Also on thin plates cut fish.

4. Put the form on a beautiful serving dish. At the bottom of the form, lay out a sheet of nori, then you need to evenly distribute half of the rice. Consolidate the rice over the shape surface tightly. It is most convenient to do this with wet hands.

5. Put half the cream cheese on the rice. On cream cheese - cucumber and at will pieces of avocado. Cover the second layer of nori algae. Next, repeat the same: tamp the rice tightly, then the second part of cream cheese, and lay out slices of fish on top. Tamper everything with your hands, and then gently remove the shape.

6. Put sesame on the cake. Cut the cake with a very sharp wet knife into small pieces.

7. That's it, mouth-watering ready. Bon appetit!

And to get more detailed with the recipe, watch the video with cook-channel Julia Small. All her recipes come out the first time!

about:blank

Well, lovers of classic rolls will come in handy this life hack, how to make sushi using a form for ice. Who would have thought...

As you can see, make a sushi cake It is not difficult at home. I am sure that this dish will taste even for those who were previously indifferent to sushi. In addition, you can experiment by changing the ingredients as you wish.

I highly recommend trying to prepare this treat for a holiday or to pamper home on a weekend or weekday.

Tags

See also

New and interesting