My husband started to lose weight and I’m only 40.

Age difference is often discussed in society. Except it's usually said. A woman who is older than her partner. In the opposite situation, people rarely see the problem. There are difficult situations here as well. The age difference with her husband over the years makes itself felt more and more.

We live in a progressive society that strives for tolerance in all areas of life. Many things that used to be condemned, now can cause gossip only in the oldest generation. The age difference is of greater concern to those in similar relationships.

The catch of such a connection is that at first not all unpleasant features are felt acutely. The passion and love of the first three years very successfully hide all the pitfalls that over the years can destroy a relationship or make it unbearable. For example, lack of common topics for conversation or complexes about age.

My friend only found out after many years. The Unpleasant Features of Your Marriage with a man who was 15 years older than her. At first, this difference made her happy. Next to an experienced and adult man, Tanya felt like a little girl who was always ready to protect. Oleg was a real man of dreams: attentive, caring and gallant.

And Tania was impressed by what he had already achieved, unlike her peers. high and stable earnings. All the things that the young guys were only striving for, was already in the Cavalier Tanya. All that remained was to find a loving wife and build a strong family together. In love with her mature chosen one, Tatiana quickly jumped out of marriage, confident that she had won the jackpot.

It's been 15 years. Now my friend feels in the prime of her life. She grew up and became self-confident woman. My husband is getting old. This is especially noticeable against the background of the younger spouse. Behind his back began to hear sarcastic whispers: "Is this her father or grandfather?" It's strange that she's so young and so old. She must have jumped out for a rich man.

All this speculation to hear Tanya unpleasant. Especially since she’s working hard and earning well. Another sad bonus was lack of. You can’t have them with your husband... Tanya doesn't say anything, but she believes he's the problem. She wants to feel like a mother.

I truly believe that the similarity of characters can overcome the age difference, especially a small one. Marriage and relationships are not just about that. There are many components. For example, common interests, attitude to intimacy, favorite ways of leisure, worldview... All these are the pillars, the foundation on which any close relationship stands. If all of them are in place, then age will not be a hindrance.

However, our world is imperfect and often many components are missing. And the more of these components are at odds, the more difficult it will be with a partner whose age is significantly different from yours.

Tags

See also

New and interesting