Should I take on the role of stepmother?

We often hear that a woman’s child from a previous partner can be an obstacle to finding a new happy relationship. But the opposite is true. Editorial "Site" It shows how the child of the husband from the first marriage can become a stumbling block. We offer you to get acquainted with the history in more detail and express your opinion about a very difficult situation.

When I met my future husband, he did not hide that married. She also has a daughter who lives with her grandmother, her mother. With the child he saw only a few hours a week, so the education fell entirely on the shoulders of the grandmother. By the way, before meeting my current husband, I was never married, and I have no children. Therefore, I was quite satisfied with this state of affairs.

I knew my husband wouldn't run between two houses. However, after the formalization of our relationship, the mother-in-law suddenly stated that we must take baby. A girl should grow up in a full family. With all this, the kid doesn't want to accept me for eight years of our marriage. And I don't want to do it. We're strangers after all.

But my mother-in-law never backs down. She even allows herself to talk to me in high-pitched terms, trying to prove that raising my husband’s daughter is my responsibility. I wonder why the mother of the child does not complain? She starts a new relationship, travels to the resorts, and she does not need a daughter at all. But my mother-in-law doesn't care. She has already chosen me as a mother for her granddaughter.

It turns out that the mother of the girl got married, gave birth to another child. I forgot about my daughter from her first marriage. The same goes for alimony. Among other things, I am very saddened by the fact that all relatives are on the side of the mother-in-law. At least cry to me! And no one is in a hurry to resent the father of the girl and her mother.

Why should I raise someone else's child? We agreed that this is what my mother-in-law does. I don't know. What's the right thing to do? I love my husband, but I don’t agree to live that way either. When I got married, no one warned me that I would have to become a mother to my ex-wife’s child.

Unfortunately, sometimes many circumstances lead to such a stalemate, it would seem. On the one hand, you can understand the mother-in-law-grandmother, who for years devotes himself to the child. Which, in fact, she shouldn't be raising. On the other hand, you can not accuse the main heroine of the story of not wanting to deal with a child, because they are really strangers to each other. Besides, the girl herself is not very happy with her company. On the third hand, there are many questions to her husband and father part-time, which, in general, Abandoned his paternal duties. At the same time, he also allows his wife to be a scapegoat for a tired mother.

What would you do if you were the heroine of this story? Is the position of the mother-in-law appropriate in this situation? Boldly shared their thoughts on this in the comments. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting