What should the family budget be so that no one feels offended?

Competent distribution of the family budget It is an important element of any family. It is best if this issue is decided by young people before marriage. But often feelings cloud common sense, and therefore such material moments escape the eyes of lovers. These differences have destroyed many marriages.

Our relationship with my husband started out beautifully. He gave flowers, indulged in gifts and generally indulged all my whims. However, we met only 2 months, after which we signed, and I moved to him, says Natalia.

Now every Monday he gives me 2,000 rubles for personal needs. That's it. We buy products on the weekend, he does not regret money, because he likes to eat well, always pays for himself. It saves on me!

“I explain to him that 2,000 a week is not money at all. What can I buy with them? One manicure costs 700 rubles. There is no question of a new jacket or bag. He thinks I need to get a job to buy whatever I want. But this is not a solution at all, the woman believes.

“If I work, then who will do all the homework? We have a lot of it. The house is clean and clean, I always make a delicious dinner when he returns. He says it's not worth more than $2,000 a week.”

“He says that if I go to work, he will help me around the house. But what's the point? I'm gonna come home tired, so why do I need that manicure? What kind of women's work can he do? What's his wife doing then?

“To be in a good mood and look beautiful, I do not need a job, but money. My husband, like all men, looks at beautiful girls. But I can look better than them, I just need to invest in beauty. How can he not understand that? ?

“He was already married and has two children by marriage. He also helps them with money and spends more on it than he does on me. I don't think that's normal. I need pocket money, too. Now I'm his wife, so he has to spend money on me, not on someone else's woman and her children. Just how to convince him of this? – wonders Natalia.

Such stories are not uncommon when a working family member manages the money at his discretion, while everyone else is forced to agree to its terms. Is that normal?

Surely, over time, misunderstandings will increase and eventually they will become a reason for decisive action. It is not known whether this will be the breakup of the family or Natalia will still get a job to support herself.

That is why family psychologists strongly advise to negotiate “on the shore” before going on a joint voyage called “family life”. It was then that we discussed and management of the family budgetAs well as spending on children from a previous marriage.

After all, the idea that the wife is also obliged to work, the man did not immediately express. Therefore, it is not surprising that the woman was not ready for the fact that her new family will have a separate budget, where everyone earns for themselves.

Tags

See also

New and interesting