Grandma taught that in the oven you always need to put a batter with salt

You can often hear from the hostess that the baking failed. It is all the fault of some wrong temperature in the gas oven. What else can explain the burnt bottom and damp top? But I wanted to surprise the guests with a delicious cake created with my own hands. Well, husband, go get the cake in the pastry shop!

Editorial "Site" I am truly sorry if this happened. However, we have a suggestion on how to fix it. This method was used by our grandmothers. Do you remember the salt pan in the stove? We were still thinking, why would Grandma heat the salt in the oven?

Temperature in gas oven

“Heated salt is often put in a sock, a wonderful way to warm up, but in this case it is more prosaic. I remember that my grandmother always turned out great pies, well baked, airy, ruddy. I have a new stove, and I can't fix it. Baking seems to succeed, but the top is often lost. I didn't do anything. And then I remembered this tart.

It's strange that I didn't tie all these threads together before. In general, I took an old leaf, poured a pack of ordinary stone salt on it and put it in the oven with pastries. I put the cake down and the salt on the top. I just decided to see what happens.

And the cake was great! It finally turned out as I expected. I'm sure it's because of the salt. It heats up and keeps the heat, here's the top crust and baked!

I tried to put it down and then the base burns less. So I'm going to use it this way now.

Another convenience is that salt can not be removed from the oven. It has no smell, the taste of baking does not affect. My grandmother had this meat in the oven for years, the salt, I remember, was quite yellow there.

Temperature in the gas oven And seriously, you need to check your oven. It is likely that there is some defect. Even a regular slit in the damper can affect the quality of baking. It is also important to choose the right size. It is possible that when changing the plate there were old ones that simply do not fit in size.

We wish that the temperature in the gas oven was always optimal and all your food was successful! Be sure to write in the comments what you think about this, and from us as a gift material on how to choose an oven that would meet all your requirements. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting