Mom's way to clean window frames and sliding door systems from dirt that has accumulated over the winter

With the arrival of spring, you want total renewal in all areas of life. Personally, one of the main positions on my to-do list is general cleaning. The one when absolutely everything is washed in the house. I used to hate cleaning windows and especially window frames. But my torment ended when my mother showed me, window-washing No problem. I am in a hurry to share with you an effective life hack!

Window frames are a real dust collector, which accumulates a huge amount of dirt during the winter. And all would be fine, but the place is not the most convenient and difficult to access. The same can be said for the sliding door system. How do you clean all this up?

In fact, the solution to the problem is elementary. I'm sure you already have everything you need at home. And if not, you can easily buy all the components in a regular grocery store. And for mere pennies compared to expensive household chemicals. One plus!

To clean all hard-to-reach places, you need to use a tool that will easily dissolve all the dirt. But it does not spoil the very surface of window frames or sliding doors. It's a great job. baking soda in tandem with hydrogen peroxide.

I won’t get tired of singing odes to these wonderful products, because they really pay off. And most importantly, it is not only simple, but also fast. Fill the dirty surface with a thin layer of soda. Then pour the powder with peroxide so that the result is gruel. Give the mixture for about 5 minutes, and then just wipe all the dirt with a napkin or cotton cloth. Voila!

If, for some reason, the house was not peroxidized, It can be replaced by table vinegar.. The method works exactly the same. However, after removing the dirt, it is best to pour a little ordinary water into the frame and wipe everything again. Sometimes the dirt gets stuck in the corners. You can easily remove it with an old toothbrush.

I know that there are housewives who vacuum all hard-to-reach places before washing them. In this way, they sweep away all the dust, and it remains to remove the remaining dirt in any convenient way.

For example, in addition to soda and peroxide, you can use water-and-ammonia. For 1 glass of water you will need 1 tbsp. This method will help not only get rid of dirt, but also whiten the surface if it fades from old age.

Normal household chemicals are also suitable: a dishwasher or a soft cleaning gel. Although they do a great job, I don’t really like washing frames with them. Just this method takes more time, because it will not work immediately to remove the remedy and you will have to wash everything at least once more.

Modern housewives are used to washing windows with special means. However, not everyone likes to use household chemicals. It’s great that it can be replaced and the result will be even better!

You will need only 3 components: water, glycerol and ammonia. Mix 30 ml of water, 10 tsp of glycerol and a couple of drops of ammonia. Next, moisten the resulting mixture with a paper towel or soft cloth, and then wipe the glass with it.

In the composition of this folk remedy there is glycerin. It is necessary that on the glass formed the thinnest invisible film. She is. protect the surface of the glass from excess dustVisually, the windows will look much better.

I'm sure these tips will be useful and you won't have to think anymore. window-washing. Although this is not the most enjoyable activity, it is worth doing from time to time. After all, dust that accumulates in window frames during the long winter, gets into our apartments and pollutes the already heavy air.

By the way, you knew that Windows are best washed in cloudy weather? When the sun’s rays hit the surface of the glass, it will probably remain divorced from the product. Washing windows on a good day is considered a bad omen. This means that it will rain with strong winds. You believe that?

How do you choose to wash your windows and how often do you do it? It would be great if you shared your tricks!

Tags

See also

New and interesting