Why Polina Agureeva’s eldest son lives without the Internet

Every man has his own parenting. Someone tries to be the best friend for the child, with whom he can share the most intimate. Someone takes on the role of an all-knowing teacher whose word is the law. Someone is trying to come up with a model. But what is the right system? You can only know this by seeing the end result.

Today's edition. "Site" Ask what rules of education adheres to the actress Polina Agureeva. The mother of two children, without hesitation, exchanged the love of the public and the red carpet for the company of the closest people. And life away from the bustle of the capital did not frighten her. The detailed interview can be read on the website of the publication “Mel”.

Attitude to child rearing
  1. Kids should be friends.
    Polina Vladimirovna says that everyone loves children in their family. To truly love, you need to see each other more often. Therefore, to gather a large friendly family (the actress still has a sister and a brother) is a real tradition. “Families gather in our parents’ home in the suburbs. We celebrate birthdays here, New Year’s Day too. This is our place of power. And children become part of the tradition. When I suggested that the elder Pete spend the holidays on a trip, he was indignant: “What about the New Year with my grandparents?” I was very happy with his reaction, says Polina Vladimirovna.

View this post on Instagram

Brodsky once said that if you line up ten people, give them guns and order them to shoot a prisoner, then people who read Eugene Onegin will shoot, but ten seconds later. It seems to me that art is hardly capable of re-educating a person, but it will help to ask questions, at least delay this moment of shooting. Polina Agureeva #peopletheatre #theatre people #theatre #theatre #teatr #teatro #mirtheatre #ludeatre #actors #directors #plays #quotes #news #agureev #polinaagureev

A post shared by THEATRE PEOPLE (@people.theatre) on Sep 24, 2016 at 6:34pm PDT

2. Atmosphere in the family - the main teacher
    Agureeva notes the importance of everyone in the family knowing what is happening in the lives of their loved ones. She admits that her children are curious about her favorite books and music, and her husband’s work. And she and her husband try to talk about it a lot. And the interest in children arises on its own, without pressure. View this post on Instagram

In Unpretentious, I couldn’t afford to be just an attractive woman. I don't think the play is about that. Larissa has a pagan nature, in which tragedy is already laid. She cannot cope with her feelings, is ready to put everything on the line for love. Larissa is a woman unlike me. Uncompromising, cruel, always telling the truth. I don’t have that much freedom and courage in my life, even though I have Chatsky syndrome inside me. I think the truth can only be told to the closest people who are willing to hear it.” Polina Agureeva... #artist #actors #actor #theatre #citations #theatre #art #theatre #workshop #master #artlive #culture #instaart #instaartist #agureeva #Polina_Agureeva #PolinaAgureeva #Fomenko #WorkshopPetraFomenko

A post shared by Contemporary Theatre (@pro.theatre) on Apr 22, 2019 at 10:41am PDT

3. The right cartoons
    The actress admits that the youngest son loves cartoons, but she approaches their selection carefully. Most often offers Timothy Soviet cartoons. A woman believes that they best develop a child, bring up the right attitude to the world. Foreign cartoons rarely allow. One day someone showed his son the Puppy Patrol. After this animated series to watch Soviet cartoons child became uninteresting. After all, this is an endless story, a series, it delays. But I believe that cartoons should not only entertain, but also develop, so the Puppy Patrol banned. Such content only prevents you from looking at the world correctly, the young mother is sure.

“I have been a fan of Spain since childhood. I loved her in absentia and read a lot about her. And for the first money I earned, I went there. Stunning country, ridiculous, like an uneven piece of sugar. I like everything: nature, architecture, mixing mentalities. In the Catholic Church there is a Star of David. In another church there is a picture of Mary giggling with Christ in her arms. And in the emotional contrasts of the Spaniards – from delight to madness – there is something pagan. Maybe I made it up, but I care about this Spain – lively, sensual and strange. Polina Agureeva... #artist #actors #actor #theatre #quotes #theatre #art #theatredrama #workshop #master #artlive #culture #instaart #instaartist #agureeva #Polina_Agureeva #PolinaAgureeva

A post shared by Contemporary Theatre (@pro.theatre) on Mar 25, 2019 at 10:34am PDT

Life without the Internet My son has been without the internet for a year.
Polina admits that the eldest son Peter (now 15 years old) spent every free second on the Internet. All the family values that were so carefully instilled in the family were threatened. Masses of questionable information from the Internet washed away all the good that parents could invest in a teenager. “We are now at home without the Internet at all. This is our common decision. Peter also walks with a button phone. At first, of course, it was very difficult, but we managed it. I am happy to see how he has changed this year. He learned to play the guitar, read a lot of books, began to write poems and novels. Maybe it was wrong to limit it, but it was a gesture of desperation. We were just losing a baby!

Humanity is more important than success
She is outraged at the ridiculous way the education system is built. After all, children who successfully passed the OGE in literature often do not even know what Turgenev’s image has become phraseological. “The concepts were simply substituted: instead of a deep understanding of the subject, a set of facts was planted. Junior's coming to school, and I don't know where to send him. From experience with the elder, I can already see how little they can offer him in school.”

Adequate gender education
Polina does not understand those modern European mothers who abandon the words “girl” and “boy”, and say only “child”. After all, knowing your gender is one of the main pillars in childhood. The child does not yet understand what is good and what is bad, does not know what he wants from life. He is forced to question even the simplest of things. “Of course I don’t tell my sons that ‘boys don’t cry,’ because that’s too much.” But there are gender differences, and it is foolish to hide them. I can tell the younger, for example, that my dad is protecting us or that Petya is exercising and getting stronger. We are not saying that a man is better than a woman or vice versa. It is only about consciousness, about understanding the place in life.”

Attitudes towards people What you gave was yours.
She admits she sometimes scolded her children for being selfish. She believes that some ironclad prohibitions should exist. You can’t, for example, offend small, talk bad about someone or think only about yourself. “I think one of the most important things in life is compassion. And I want my children to be able to feel sorry for others, to not be self-centered, to not be locked in their own boundaries. Seeing, understanding and feeling other people is very important.

Who am I? That's too philosophical a question. I would say that I am the way. I always think about my own inner movement. This path has no purpose. I think every step is a goal. As Jung wrote beautifully, “One must treat oneself as a work of art.” I would love to do that kind of self-creation. It's a difficult process, though. But what's the point, if not that? Self-creation for me is the ability to tell yourself the truth, the ability to understand yourself and freely choose something specific from many things. In Bruegel’s painting “Mad Greta” against the background of a small town, a huge woman is painted. Crazy steps she goes with some buckets, pots. It's like the crazy Fedora. So I'm always trying to move forward. Of course, man is a ridiculous creature. Maybe that’s why we want harmony? Polina Agureeva... #artist #actors #actor #theatre #quotes #theatre #art #theatredrama #workshop #master #artlive #culture #instaart #instaartist #agureeva #Polina_Agureeva #PolinaAgureeva

A post shared by Contemporary Theatre (@pro.theatre) on Feb 25, 2019 at 1:23am PST

It's hard to find absolutely true. education. All parents try to put the best in the child, but do it in different ways. And the results are different. We were confused that the younger is forbidden to watch modern cartoons, and the older has to do without the Internet. Does this not mean that children will have difficulty communicating with peers? What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting