When pity is misplaced and should not be shown

I feel sorry for you! One hundred percent you've had to deal with something like that. Someone suddenly says this to you, and you begin to feel pity and sympathy . To yourself! At this moment, a petty little thought sneaks into your head from the back door - you did something wrong. It seems that it is with this little thought that one's own depreciation begins.

The editors of "Site" decided to find out how often and in what cases the phrase "I feel sorry for you" sounds and what, in the opinion of other people, is worthy of pity and sympathy. Believe me, there is so much of this phrase that you even stop paying attention to it. But someone takes it seriously.

Pity and sympathy

Sometimes this is very strange. It seems that everything is in order with you, you live normally. Of course, everything is not smooth, there are roughnesses. Well, so what? Everyone has them. And suddenly, for no apparent reason, it turns out. Here are some examples of when we hear these words.

I feel sorry for you “I first heard this phrase back in school and remembered it for the rest of my life. I just returned from the New Year's party, ate sweets there, I have a box of sweets with me, a white dress like a snowflake, literally tomorrow to my grandmother for the holidays. But a classmate felt sorry for me because of a two in a quarter in behavior. She said so, they say, I feel sorry for you. "

“A friend travels the world, works for the rating media. Fees allow her to live as she pleases and where she pleases. Alas, the guardians of morality have appeared, who, it turns out, feel sorry for it. Well, of course! There is no permanent employment, some kind of freelance, and she is also in no hurry to start a family. How can she live in peace if her "female destiny" is not fulfilled? "

Well, really. People only feel sorry for you because you are somehow not living the way they imagine. Okay, you. Pity, for example, Monica Bellucci, because the husband is what a scoundrel! Threw her away. Or some actress, because some kind of defect was noticed on her figure. They feel sorry for someone else, although it is obvious that this person lives a full and real life .

Pity and sympathy It's just that everyone has a different request and view of things. But we are used to pulling the blanket only on ourselves and thinking that if someone has a bad behavior, then we need to feel sorry for him. Or show sympathy for a person who constantly hangs out in rented apartments. People seem to be unaware that he might be fine with that.

It seems to us that this is such an implicit attempt to exalt oneself in relation to others. Let them know that your life is also important, that you are doing everything right. If you feel sorry for someone, you devalue their life plan, you deprive them of choice. But this only confirms the fact that the same thing happens to you.

If you want advice, then we will try to give it. Live so that you don't have enough time to feel sorry for someone. First of all, and myself. The world around is diverse, there is enough space for everyone. Let your soul be a little wider, and you yourself will accept other options. After all, no one lives the way you live. It's strange when you are confident in your success, but suddenly they feel sorry for you.

From the editorial board We do not renounce pity or sympathy. There are different situations , a person cannot always help himself, he cannot always predict when he will get into trouble. But if he lives consciously and his actions are consistent and logical, then why pity him? We know that you have your own opinion on this view. Be sure to share it.

Pity and sympathy are best shown to those who cannot stand up for themselves. Or to those who do not have enough resources to understand their goals. To those who are struggling to the last with an illness in the hope of emerging victorious. The rest are better supported! Here is great material on how to become an independent person. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting