How to conquer the bouts of self-pity

Self-pity is an emotion based on instinct. The pity is designed to preserve the boundaries of the individual. Every time you put your hands down, every time you retreat triumphs pity. In the reality of man (in the contract) there is a place without pity, at which the man turns into a tank. Development of personality is possible only in a relentless state. It is achieved only through breakthrough desire to quit, i.e. through self-pity.

Stand on the treadmill. Start to escape. Not fast. Just run. Do not put restrictions neither on time nor on distance. Run. You run towards your pity. It took 5 minutes, then 10. The pity is launching its first reconnaissance in the form of mind, which says:
Okay, enough for today, will be overcome with shame tomorrow.
Run on. Easy fatigue enters the body and the mind continues the dialogue:
— All right, handsome. Three kilometers from the first attempt. And you last time 10 years ago ran. Well done, proud of myself.
Run. The dialogue grows louder.
— Who and what are you trying to prove? No one sees it, no one will appreciate. You're an idiot. You can't just load the body.
Don't stop. The body gets tired more and more.
— Hell, it already hurts. All right, enough. I can no longer. I'm tired.
Shortness of breath, pain. Run.
Dude, you ourselves would take a look at. Do not shame a vegetable. Running like a lame Hippo. Have all look at you and think you're being an asshole.
RUN!!!
I want to shower, want to rest. Let's go have a smoke, eat something tasty. Enough to run, went to the movies. I feel bad.
Run. Deny the body, but run.
— Please. Enough! I feel bad. I'm going to die. I feel SORRY for me.
Run. Running for running. I want to cry — cry. I want to scream, yell. But continue to run. And suddenly:
—...
Running becomes easy.
—...
Opens a second wind. You feel the will. With her appears and pity.
— Well done! All you beat me. Now let's go to the movies.

Run. A shame it would be to return again and again. She'll cheat on you, deceiving, depressed, in doubt and will do everything to seduce. No matter what — keep on running. Your body is stronger than your pity. Once you will become empty. Your running is just running. Without pity.

And so in all. Wherever discouraged, wherever do you think you act not fairly, wherever laziness forces to retreat. Looking for a place without pity. Train yourself. In relationships, in meditation, in work... Become ruthless. Ruthless to himself.

Sergei Kotov

Source: /users/1077

Tags

See also

New and interesting