Why Parents at Sixty Wanted to Divorce

When parents divorce, it’s always a big deal. stress. Even when the kids grew up. There is often a misunderstanding of why parents, having lived together for so many years, still want to divorce in old age. Someone shares the position of the mother, and someone the father. Because of this, relationships between family members become tense.

This is the situation in the Antonina family. Parents in their 70s, split up. They told the children about this (except Antonina, who has another daughter) when they came to visit them for the holidays. The adult daughters were stunned. But the mother and father argued their decision, each explained their position. Antonina I understood my mother well.I always felt sorry for her. And blamed the pope, who, in her view, was the cause. However, his side was taken by Tony's younger sister, Vera.

Parents Divorce: Whose Position Do Children Take 1976-1917

The sisters' parents lived their whole lives together, though not "soul to soul." “What a sin to hide, quarrels and misunderstandings occurred to them. But people get worse. Mine for more than forty years lived together, and “on you”, in old age, what did they think!”, – said Tonya – “Purely humanly I understand my mother, so many years I endured everything ... Vera saw it, too. It is strange that she did not support her mother, could at least show female solidarity.”

The mother of Antonina, Tatiana Stepanovna, complains that she is very tired: the husband does not help anything around the house, does not buy food, loves tasty food, but even does not wash dishes. Previously, a woman turned a blind eye to this, since she did not go to work all her life, took care of the house and children. And now the years are taking their toll. I would like to feel the support of my husband.

To be honest, I have long wanted to divorce your dad. But I couldn't decide. And now you kids, adults, I get a pension. And yes, I did. divorcer. I'll live a little bit for myself.” Tatiana Stepanovna shared with her eldest daughter what boiled on her soul. He will not change: forever without a mood, dissatisfied with everything, not interested in anything, all day only watching TV. You can't get him out of the house! Unless he goes to his dacha in the summer.”

Dad's position in divorce

For his father, Mikhail Petrovich, the decision of his wife was not unexpected. Recently, reproaches and discontent on her part have become more frequent. All his life he worked in a factory. He didn’t make much money, but he had enough for a living. My wife and daughters were always full, dressed, and didn’t need anything. I bought a cottage, a car (albeit not a new model, but in good condition).

“Of course, I do nothing at home. Not used to it. When I was working, There was no strength or time left.. And in the parental family, I remember, a woman was always in charge of household duties.” Mikhail Petrovich frankly confessed to his younger daughter Vera, who came to support him.

"Your mother." served all ready.Food on the table, clothes, she bought food. I'm ashamed to say I don't know where the forks are in the kitchen. The father smiled bitterly: "She always felt like I wanted as I loved." Rarely did she express any desires. I asked first, tried for her, and then I stopped.”

Vera always felt like her father’s daughter, and knew what she was talking about. She and her sister in the parental family were also not particularly stressed with household chores. Mom did everything by herself, and cooked and cleaned up.

The dispute between two sisters "Our father is really a difficult person, with a bad character." If I were my mother, I would not tolerate much from him. - Tonya says.

Faith came to the defense of his father: “While my father earned, my mother was satisfied with everything in him, it turns out.” It wasn't like that yesterday. - stubborn, demanding, silent. She unquestioningly cooked breakfast and dinner, washed his socks, pulled everything around the house. And now that he has become a pensioner without a salary, suddenly it turned out that all this is impossible to endure.”

Now the sisters argue among themselves: who is right and who is guilty. They are looking for a way to reconcile their loved ones. What do you think, dear readers, how to be an adultWhat if their parents get divorced?

Tags

See also

New and interesting