Why a family who's been living in a sewer for 25 years doesn't want to change anything

For someone. normality This is a large plot with a spacious house, as well as a forest and a river next door. And someone is quite willing to live even in a tiny city apartment, as long as there is all the necessary infrastructure nearby. Everyone's different. They live in different conditions, look at the world differently, have a different set of requirements.

Today's edition. "Site" This is a story about a couple who have been living in an unusual house for 25 years. But, despite the fact that their home is located in a sewer, the family is quite happy with its situation.

Colombians Miguel Restrepo and Maria Garcia met more than a quarter of a century ago. The man had already lost his job and lost his home. It seemed that things would only get worse in his life.

Both Miguel and Maria quickly became addicted to banned substances. However, the acquaintance was the event that saved the couple from a sad end. Supporting each other, they found the strength to overcome the circumstances and return to a meaningful life.

At the most difficult time, they were looking for a place where they could live and where they would feel safe. But they had no savings. There were no close people who could help. As a result, the sewerage became the new home for Miguel and Maria.

They tried to drive them away, but they always came back. This is where their struggle with addiction ended in success. But even after life began to improve, they did not look for a better place.

Miguel believes that their tiny underground house on the southern outskirts of Medellín is the most cozy and comfortable. It has heating, electricity, lights, a fan and even a TV. There is also a small kitchen with a stove.

However, the couple admits that a small cosmetic renovation of their home would not hurt. But it's only in the plans so far. But the New Year and Christmas here is not complete without a Christmas tree and festive decorations.

It is worth remembering the faithful dog Bleki, who guards the house when Miguel and Maria are not home. The man claims that Blackie is a wonderful dog, because of which even the most desperate thieves avoid his home.

“Am I not living well? Ha ha! I live better than the president. Nobody bothers me, I don't disturb anyone. I go to bed whenever I want. The locals love me very much. And the president lives under the burden of problems, Miguel himself shares his thoughts.

At the same time, Miguel and Maria have a dream. So, they plan to one day win a large sum of money in the lottery to relax together on the Caribbean coast of their native Colombia.

Someone must feel sorry for these people. However, they do not feel deprived. They are happy with their own lives, they like the place in which they have lived for more than 25 years. So they are not going to change anything.

For them, the house is not a designer repair, not exclusive furniture and not branded appliances, but a place where they are comfortable and good. Perhaps this is why Miguel and Maria claim they never even thought about moving. They seem to really like everything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting