Should I forgive my husband if he apologizes and begs to forget everything?

As you probably know, family situations They're completely different. Someone gets married and divorced in a couple of years. Someone is dating for a long time, but has a successful relationship already in marriage. Some people have more interesting things to do.

Our reader shared his story. It’s almost a perfect case when everything in marriage starts to go downhill. But what to do, life is so unpredictable.

Every woman wants ordinary female happiness. I thought I was lucky and I personally had it already. I got married after two years of relationship. The wedding was normal, only for loved ones. Without too much pathos and unnecessary fuss.

After that, my husband and I lived for 4 years. We worked a lot, but we had a good rest, traveled to different countries with comfort. I think that time was probably the most interesting part of my life. New achievements, surprises and becoming of us as adults with unique life experiences.

Only a child was missing, and after a while we came to the conclusion that we wanted and could have one. However, man assumes, and God disposes, everything happened by itself. Coming back from a southern country, I didn’t feel very well. I thought I couldn’t get through acclimatization for a long time. But the doctor at the hospital said, I am expecting a baby. The excitement of that moment cannot be overstated.

While my husband steadfastly overcame all the hardships and my whims of a pregnant girl, I began to read literature. I was looking for a softer way to endure these 9 months purely psychologically: to make the pregnancy as comfortable as possible for both of us. For some reason, there was a feeling that someone could separate us during this period. That I look terrible and that I just don't need anyone.

The books helped me to understand myself. It turned out that from the beginning of pregnancy and up to 4-5 months of the child’s age, a man is prone to experiencing tremendous psychological stress, so he can do something very stupid without wanting to.

But we went smoothly. We didn't even fight about household trifles. My son was born strong and healthy. The husband showed himself well as a close person, friend and assistant.

And so when the baby was a year old, I decided to go to relatives. She took her son with her, and her husband was left alone on the farm. Finally, I met with relatives, walked around familiar places since childhood. I had a lot of time, a few days. Therefore, to enjoy the nature and clean air of the countryside could be slow.

It so happened that the main reason for my arrival, brother, could not come himself. So, as much as I was interested, I decided to come back early. I packed up and went home. And then... I had a very unpleasant surprise. The husband brought another woman. Right into our apartment.

There was no scandal. She got dressed and left in 2 minutes. All the while, I kept standing there like I couldn't believe my eyes. Not even the baby got away with it. The husband swore that this was just some kind of mistake and that this never happened and will never happen again. But his voice and gestures turned into a background for me at that moment. Nothing could be made out.

That evening I packed some things and went back to my family. It was ironic and painful to go back to where I was just a few hours ago.

A month went by and there wasn't a day when my husband didn't come or call. He repented and apologized to everyone: to me, to my son, even to my relatives. I swear he wouldn't live without me and my son, and it was just an unfortunate mistake. Weakness and nothing more. Begged and cried.

It's a shame that I still love him, but I can't forgive him. It's not pride or even jealousy. I just relaxed too much and life gave me a blow in the gut at the most inopportune moment. What to do, what to do? Mom feels sorry for herself, but she does not want to advise: she says that you are already an adult, make decisions about your life.

I can't do that. No sense of sobriety. I need a friend to advise me what to do. Maybe we should turn this page and move on. Or, on the contrary, do not give up and start life with a new leaf. Someone who will be honest with me. Maybe from the outside, but I can't decide anything now.

Tags

See also

New and interesting