4 ways to become more disciplined

People without self-discipline reminds me of a rocking chair. He is terrible to sit down: what if it was under you it will fall apart? These "chairs" the same "design".

Undisciplined people don't keep their word, do not have a plan of action, inconsistent and always late. Venturing on a joint project with a man we like Stirlitz, close to failure. Most often, General plans are transferred or canceled.

We all have such friends. Perhaps you are like the untrustworthy chair with curved legs and a damaged back? But not to throw you in a landfill.

There are at least four ways to fix a broken chair and cease to be known as a person who can not be trusted.

Let's deal with terminology.

What is self-discipline? The most clear wording I've seen, reads: self – discipline is when you do what you decided, despite their own emotional state.

Take, for example, our relationship with the alarm clock. At half past six in the morning he makes the most annoying sound on the planet.

What makes a disciplined person? Turns off the alarm and crawls out from under the blanket. Yeah, maybe he curses and damns herself for what eve was up on Facebook. And the clock at this point generally hates with every fiber of sleepy souls. But still he goes to wash up and brew tea.

And what does a man without self-discipline? Rearranges the alarm for a half an hour later or even disables it approximately with such thoughts: "sleep a bit, eat Breakfast on the go, I have the right to sleep at the office can wait, let it burn all the blue flame!". And ends it with a rush, late, excuses, ruined relationships with others, guilt.

Undisciplined people brings others. But harmful to his internal looseness, first of all, yourself. Optional away with it from time to time, and then must explode in the most inopportune place at the most inopportune hour. In the best case, you can miss your plane or lose your job. At the worst, to wander all his life in a fog of self-deception and self-justification.

If you are such a prospect is not satisfied, let's get out of the fog and to repair the broken chair.

How and what to do to become a more disciplined person?

1. To fulfill the promises

Our planet would be very different, fulfill all its inhabitants on its promises. But it's a dream. In reality, a purely proportional optional people on the planet more than Chinese tourists to cultural and historical sites. And like it or not, have to live with it. But not to put up! It is really to rectify the situation, starting with yourself.

Putting your hand on your heart, let us recognize that there is no difference between our commitments and promises to other people. Any promise is a word only to himself. When we obnarujivaet colleague that will help them with the report, that promise it. Because we realize that needs to spend his personal time and nerve cells. Promising neighbor to close the door to the apartment block two turns of the key, rather than one, we again vow to myself. Because the castle closed at one turn, then doesn't want to open and already broke. In any situation with the promise of demand is always only himself.

How to learn to fulfill obligations, if you're up to this moment all my life only to those engaged in that violated them?

There are two ways.

• First: fortify yourself with a purpose and reasoning for it. Ask questions such as: what happens if I don't keep my word? If I reach my goal, not complying with obligations? I would feel cheated me man? What I will prove in the role of deceiver? When I worked in the newspaper, where the editor was fond of saying: the only good reason to not to deliver the material on time, it's your funeral. The phrase is common, but it scared me. Every time approaching the deadline, and the article was written for a third, I imagined myself lying in a coffin surrounded by crying relatives, colleagues in Peru and frustrated its readers. And on my lifeless chest rested crumpled sheets of paper with an unfinished manuscript. This fantasy is terribly motivated, I finished the article in time and gradually learned how to deliver the work in a timely manner without emotional outbursts.

• The second way to not to break his word, easier than the first. Don't let the promise if you are not sure keep it. Or probably know that you lie. But the majority stumbles on this path because of the inability to say "no". We don't like to refuse, afraid to like someone. Fear not to meet someone's expectations about us. But the situation with the inability to refuse such a double-edged sword. Choose what is worse for you: being branded in the eyes of others a person uncomfortable, but honest or compliant, but unreliable? And if gave the word, keep it at all costs. As if it depended on your life.

2. To demand compliance with the agreements of other people

If this is not done, it turns out that we deceive ourselves. So, we don't really need to have your Junior high school student played the IPED no more than thirty minutes a day. So you no matter to a business partner puts you in a copy of his letter probable buyer. So, anyway, that the grandmother secretly feeding your youngest sweets.

How to get other people's compliance with the agreements? There is only one working recipe: when creating agreements to be discussed and the degree of responsibility for their violation.

For example, you agree with grandma that she would not give your two year old son is allergic to chocolate. Grandma nods, but you suspect she won't obey you. And then you report that if you find out about the violation you have just created agreement, you will cease to leave the child alone with her. Grandma nods already scared and seemed to agree. But a week later you learn that your child is in still ate chocolate.

And here comes the important point connected with the implementation of the commitments made already by you. Again my grandmother did not keep his word, make it understood that you meant it. Hard? Impossible? Why offend grandma? And it why you cheating?

3. Doing a bit more than planned, but without the hype

This method gives for the future. So you are the fear of failure or delaying any steps in the future.

Basic examples:

• decided to wash the dishes – at the same time sweep the kitchen floor;
  • decided to read on the night of 30 pages of text art – mastered 35;
  • decided to start training three times a week – go to the gym every other day.

Here the main thing not to overdo. Otherwise, it is easy to fall into the trap of self-delusion, opposite to that in which gets undisciplined people. Do not forget about your goal, according to which you act. Discipline for discipline not only flatters your ego, but also serious damage to the target.

One of my friends dream about their own business. But no great education, no analytical thinking, no great desire to earn good money have not brought him to the goal. Why? Before beginning any project, which seems significant, it begins possible to calculate the risks. At this stage, and gets. Tables and figures forgets to open finally business and earn. He is one of those people who are in the cab need a cheap, and not to go. Here you have excessive discipline.

Another friend of mine was so fond of a healthy way of life that almost died. Sitting on no carb diet order to lose a few pounds and seeing the result, he failed to stop. Stopped drinking water during workouts at the gym to quickly lose weight. On beach holidays where all-inclusive, he continued to follow a diet, drinking enough water, but much alcohol. Upon arriving home, she suffered a stroke. Its catalyst, as confirmed by doctors, has become a blind obsession men diet, depleting the body. He imagined that disciplinarum themselves, and actually amused him with his vanity. Everyone admired his new figure.

Excessive discipline is a real danger, because you spend energy there and not there.

4. To be able to see and recognize your part in the mistakes of others

My friend had a situation that nearly ruined his well-oiled business. All went well, the firm has developed, the profit grew. He samopomocy and provided to conduct the Affairs of your partner. He himself was doing another project. A year later he noticed that the firm's profitability fell, and a warehouse full of unsold goods. Checked current reports and grabbed his head! Throughout the year, without its control, the business almost went bankrupt. The partner business, costs far exceeded revenues. My friend had to stand at the helm. To restore Affairs to the previous level took three years. He frankly admitted that a large part of the blame lies with him. He relaxed, voluntarily gave up control and got what he deserved.

People don't tend to see guilt even in those events which affect them. Easier to consider others to blame. The inability to see the process of his own miscalculation stems from weakness and weakness one side of indiscipline.

The ability to see, and most importantly, to admit his imperfection and his mistake – evidence of inner strength. Taking on responsibility for someone else's error, the result of which touched you, you become more honest with yourself. In the end, this will force not to promise or to do a little more than was planned.

Also interesting: 5 exercises, developing creativity

How to keep yourself in great shape, with 12-hour working day

If you feel that you are suffering from a lack of self-discipline, begin to develop it. The obvious solution is to send it to actions associated with itself.

For example, promise yourself that today will relate to the content of this article to a friend. Do you think you'll keep your word? published

Author: Irina Salnikova specifically for econet

Source: Irina Salnikova

Tags

See also

New and interesting