This chick fell out of the nest and died. But look at him in 36 days!

Dropped out of the nest, newborn Chicks usually die. Fortunately, this newborn songbird was miraculously discovered by the brother of a vet who just went for a run. The vet himself has recorded every step of the amazing recovery of the bird. The website publishes the result of his labors!

Day 1

Photo source: Fishki.netthis is the first day baby with us. My brother found her on the sidewalk while Jogging. She just hatched, and pieces of the shell was still on it. The nest collapsed completely, so we are unable to place it on the nearby trees.

Day 2

Despite the not very attractive appearance, the little Chicks in their pretty. We kept the bird in the incubator, controlling the temperature and humidity. We decided that it was a girl (although, frankly, I had no idea how to determine the sex of the chick), and called her dumpling.

Day 3

Little birds eat a lot! We fed Dumpling crickets, worms, caught insects, and a special inexpensive essence for Chicks. We gave her food every 30 min 14 hours a day. Just imagine how many insects you need to catch the parents of the chick in their natural environment to feed your child!

Day 4

Today you can see the remarkable transformation of the feathers on the wings. And she has a funny fluffy eroctic on the head.

Day 5

Dumpling has learned to sit confidently. Look how changed her feathers in just 24 hours! And she began to open eyes!

Day 6

Here is a good picture where you can see how nice develops its feathers. You can see them in the cornea. When the wings grow to the desired size, this shell will collapse and will give them the opportunity to deal.

Day 7

Over night, the whole shell was sprinkled, and here it is, our bird! Here you can also see a bent finger on the foot, but don't worry, she does not interfere.

Day 8

"Feed me!!!"

Day 9

We have ceased to use incubator, since the bird was covered with feathers and have learned to regulate their body temperature. However, the less funny it did not.

Day 10

We bought her a new cage. She was happy, despite the expression of their faces.

Day 17

We found her a bigger cage and put lots of different branches. Who would have thought, she flies and jumps from branch to branch like a Pro!

Day 23

This is one of my favorite photos Dumpling. Here you can see changes in her feathers. We decided that she probably belongs to the species of Bald zonotrichia or Ordinary passerine Buntings. Both species are migratory, and we hoped our bird will be able to adapt.

Day 29

She was thrilled when we put in the cage a few branches with leaves! Bird species like the buds of the trees, so she immediately began to look for them.

Day 36

Here it is — the Day of freedom! All the conditions were perfect for letting our little Dumpling, so we decided that this day is perfect for such events.

Goodbye, Dumpling! We opened the cage, stepped back, and the bird instantly flew and sat down on the nearest branch. She never had a doubt and immediately began to explore the world. Soon we lost sight of it. Of course, nature is not in vain came up with natural selection, but sometimes it's nice to help a helpless creature.

via fishki.net/2133730-jetot-ptenec-vypal-iz-gnezda-i-umiral-no-posmotrite-chto-proizoshlo-cherez-36-dnej.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting