Repentance "Miss Europe - 1930", violated a centuries-old ban on visits to mount Athos women

In 1930, in Greece there was an unheard – of scandal- the winner of the held in Paris competition "Miss Europe — 1930" eighteen-year-old Greek girl Aliki Diplomacy, daughter of a Greek lawyer, violated a centuries-old ban (the"avaton") to visit the Holy Mountain women. Being a guest on the yacht of one of the richest Greek businessmen, she was dressed in male costume and went out to the shore of Athos...

When this fact became known to the media in Greece has sparked heavy competition. And if many Greeks admired the "victory" of his tribeswoman in the contest "Miss Europe — 1930", then after this action, most of them sharply turned away from her, and in Athens the media even gave her the nickname "Satan".

(miss Greece Aliki Diplomacy)

Soon after the incident, Aliki Diplomacy very ill and had to undergo treatment in Switzerland. Unexpectedly befell an incurable disease made young Aliki to find the strength to rethink their own actions and to make public remorse, turning to the clergy and brethren of the monasteries of the Holy Mountain with a request to forgive her of her sin.

Here is what writes about this in his memoirs, Archimandrite Gabriel Dionisotti:

In 1930 I was a representative of his monastery in the Holy community, and somehow in the month of October in my hands I got a letter from the elected "Miss Hellas", which reported the following:

Davos, Switzerland.

Conscript fathers, I want all your soul confess and repent for the mistake that I made in may last month in the Vatopedi monastery.
I arrived there on the ship with my fiancé, Mr. Moran, and it so happened that a ship docked there, along with the battleships Limnos and Kilkis, to a sinful thought me wicked gave rise to the monastery, though well I knew about the existing ban.

I oblatis in the clothes of my fiance and together they walked around the temples and other places, in the garb of a sailor, without being recognized by anyone. Since then, dear fathers, I lost my health and ended up here, in a Swiss sanatorium, where I have to fight for his life, but unfortunately, I have not observed any improvement.

I know, however, and firmly believes that it is the punishment of the blessed virgin, to Which I have shown disrespect. I shouldn't have, educated girl, do as I did. I am now incredibly I confess to the crime and begging the blessed virgin to forgive me. Ask and you, venerable Fathers, for my sinful soul. Whereupon, I ask you to take from me 5000 drachmas in order to make the Liturgy and asking about my health.

(see: Gabriel Dionisotti, Avaton on the Holy Mountain, "Orthodox Filerescue evidence", Thessaloniki, 1990, p. 59).

Archimandrite Gabriel Dionisotti otmechaet that "a merciful breath of heaven and earth, accepted the repentance of the girl and gave her back her health."

As reported by the media, after recovery, in 1945, Aliki Diplomacy the second time he married the English nobleman sir Russell, Duke of Bedford and became the English lady of Alice Russell. Lived 90 years and died in 2002 his Funeral was held at the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Saint Sophia in London (in London) and buried in the family vault of Bedford.

This example clearly shows how dangerous for the people of their desire to violate centuries of pious foundations and traditions, and, moreover, evidenced and the power of repentance can bring back the mercy of God even to the last sinner who realize and repent of their sins.

There is nothing more mysterious human heart, the Elder paisios of the Holy mountain: a Parent's blessing is the greatest legacy to children Is also a lesson to us all how important it is to keep the tradition and not to suffer even thought to take all the corruption that tries to break us from maddened Europe, where in the registry office register sodomites, children in schools are taught the depravity from the Church (albeit non-canonical yet) remove the crosses... Yeah not going to happen such trouble with us! published

Author: Dmitry Filin

Source: ru-polit.livejournal.com/7156235.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting