One of the factors that can negatively affect the appearance and health of hair, it is salt water. Experts constantly warn of its drying properties, because of which hair becomes hard and disobedient tow, breaks and split ends.
However sea salt
, according to the same beauticians and trichologists are quite useful for the scalp. It can help:
- to get rid of dandruff,
- to nourish the roots of various trace elements,
- to improve blood circulation,
- to remove the Horny layer, which prevents to breathe to the lower layers of the epidermis.
As a result of this powerful influence, the curls just blossom.
Here's a paradox. It's time to discover what is so useful salt for hair, how to use it correctly with this goal at home and how to cook based on it, masks and scrubs.
What is the effect of salt on the hair
The effect that salt has on the scalp and the hair, is dictated by the chemical composition of the magic crystals. If you take for cleaning procedures ordinary, table salt, which is found in every kitchen, it will also be useful. However, sea salt is still much more kinds of micronutrients that will have more profound effects on metabolic processes and microcirculation of the scalp. Therefore, choosing a type of salt for this procedure, be sure to note the moment.1. Salt crystals
act as an abrasive (hard) particleswith sharp edges
. Thanks to them, the grains eat deeply enough into the skin, dragging behind them the other active components of the tool that you used for hair care. Therefore, adding salt to mask or scrubs for your scalp, you increase their effectiveness several times.
In addition to transport functions, a grain of salt playing the role of the stimulus
: the cells under the action of actively regenerated, the blood starts to run faster, respectively, and the hair growth is accelerating.
The third useful property of salt — it perfectly cleanses the scalp from dandruff
, various debris, dead skin and dead particles. It facilitates cellular respiration and increases oxygen to the roots.
2. Iodine and chlorine
contained in salt can severely dry up the hair. However, with proper application of salt means it can be avoided. These substances pick up moisture from the strands, so scrubs and masks on the basis of salt can be applied directly to the hair or to rinse them with salt water solutions. If to RUB salt only at the scalp, chlorine and iodine will operate in the other direction — to disinfect, kill bacteria and fungi, including those that cause seborrhea.
in the composition of sea salt function as activators of the metabolism in the scalp:
- sodium regulates water balance in cells and has excellent cleaning properties (not by chance in all shampoos use sulfates this item);
- magnesium improves blood circulation;
- potassium keeps the moisture in the cells;
- calcium is a building material for fragile and damaged hair;
- bromine makes the strands stiff, however, in the presence of mitigating components that curls under its influence, acquire elasticity and luster;
- strontium strengthens the roots;
- fluoride has restorative functions.
Despite the relative poverty of the chemical composition of salt (many complain that it has no vitamins and amino acids), it is a very useful product for the hair. It is an excellent antiseptic
, which can cope with the infections and inflammations. Great controller works subcutaneous glands
, which reduces the formation of fatty fat. A proven activator of hair growth
due to its irritant properties. Strengthens, restores, cleanses
— a variety of functions in the recovery of the scalp carry out these small particles.However, they need to be extremely careful in order to achieve the desired effect.
Rules for the use of salt products for hair
Suppose, you have long been tormented by dandruff, the scalp was combed in the blood and continues to itch incredibly. If you read among the indications of the use of salt for the hair, that seborrhea is a great tool, immediately will make "saving" a mask, over this procedure badly. Crystals will eat into you combed the wound, increasing the itching and causing unbearable pain. Therefore, in order not to hurt yourself, so it is important to know how to use salt masks and scrubs, but otherwise the side effects can not be avoided. These recommendations apply equally to table and sea salt.
1. Observe contraindications to the use of hair care products on the basis of salt: any fresh damage on the scalp (wounds, recently stitches, open injury), dry, heavily thinned and brittle strands, split ends.
2. Indications: oily hair, any form of seborrhea, loose curls, their stunted growth, hair loss.
3. Before the procedure, the face is better to apply a greasy cream. If from the head to the skin will get salt, this will help to avoid its irritating action.
4. The tips of the hair should be treated pre-warm products (burdock, castor, almond, jojoba) or olive oil. In their absence you can use any vegetable, warmed on a water bath.
5. Be sure to test all remedies on the presence of an allergic reaction: lubricate the skin behind the ear and wait 5 minutes, rinse, and track whether or not within an hour of redness or itching.
6. Salt masks and scrubs are applied solely on the messy head.Even if the crystals and get in a small amount on the hair, sebaceous film will not allow them to get inside and dry up tresses.
7. Salt thoroughly and very carefully massaging movements rubbed into the hair roots in the scalp. Massage salt should last at least 5 minutes. The strands themselves are not processed, otherwise the tow will get hard and unruly curls.
8. Before applying means slightly wet the hair: it will help the salt to dissolve and start to act not as annoying. The moisture will help the ingredients to absorb faster.
9. Problems with the use of sea salt for hair at home is not there: it is well absorbed, has a more mild effect. Not so rosy with the cookbook. Housewives often take for such procedures the usual pack of salt, but it is inconvenient to use as crumbles, and function of the cosmetic product performs poorly, because the crystals are too small to effectively clean the scalp. Therefore, similar procedures need to use large, granular product.
10. If it is a scrub, period of validity — not more than 10 minutes, because its main task it performs in the time of massaging. Insulation it does not require.
11. The salt mask you can leave on your head a little longer, up to half an hour, but always follow their feelings: if there is a burning sensation or discomfort that means it is better to wash and use another recipe. The mask will act more actively, if to create the greenhouse effect: wear a shower cap, wrap head with a towel.
12. Since salt has cleansing properties, while rinsing shampoo to use is not necessary. However, the strands themselves because if it is not processed, so you can apply detergent on them. Rinsing should be abundant. At the final stage you can calm irritated scalp decoction of chamomile. After salt scrubs and masks is not recommended to rinse hair with lemon or vinegar solution. Balms and conditioners to use.
13. To see the long-awaited effect you will need to wait for the complete drying of the strands in a natural way. No hair dryers and irons should not be.
14. Hair treatment with salt if improper operation of the sebaceous glands and seborrhea suggests that the frequency of such procedures should be 2-3 times a week for a month, then it is recommended to give the hair to rest for a month.
15. If you use salt for regular care for normal hair, once every 7-10 days will be enough.
Simple but effective rules will help to achieve the effect of saline remedies for hair loss after their application. The only thing is to remember: it is not recommended to conduct such procedures in the summer, when the hair and so are under attack by UV light and sea water.The best time to treat hair salt — winter or spring,
when the hair is oily, dirty quickly under hats and lack in nutrients. In this case, salt will be the most useful for malnourished from a vitamin deficiency of the hair.
Recipes salt means
On the basis of sea and salt, you can make a variety of masks and scrubs for your hair. You should start with the mildest, which include moisturizing ingredients. If the scalp has reacted to them, okay, you can continue to use them or to switch to more efficient means.
Dosage in recipes are subject to application of masks for hair of medium length. Accordingly, we need to reduce them for short cuts and to increase, if you are the owner of long tresses.
Selected, large, granular salt for 5-7 minutes should be carefully rubbed into the roots and massage it, to drive with fingertips until complete dissolution of crystals.
Olive oil, cold pressed, slightly warmed in a water bath. Mix it in equal proportions with salt (one tablespoon).
Fresh, natural, not candied honey to bring to a warm, liquid state (to hold for a minute or 10). Mix it in equal quantities with salt (one tablespoon), thoroughly beat with a mixer or blender to a foam. Since the mixing of the salt is almost dissolved and the honey has soothing effect, this mask can even be used to care for damaged and dry hair.
Fresh, natural, not candied honey to bring to a warm, liquid state (to hold for a minute or 10). Mix it in equal quantities with salt (one tablespoon), add one tea spoon of good, fragrant cognac.
Cook semolina with milk, mix it in equal proportions with salt (one tablespoon). Fresh, natural, not candied honey to bring to a warm, liquid state (to hold for a minute or 10). Add one teaspoon of melted honey and warm olive oil to manno-salt slurry. To drive in mask pounded raw egg yolk.
Two tablespoons of salt to the state of the whipped foam (with a mixer or blender) with raw egg yolk.
Three tablespoons of blue cosmetic clay diluted with water at room temperature to form a slurry. To it add 100 grams of salt. For desired consistency you can add water or infusion of chamomile.
Also interesting: the Secret of beautiful hair: natural recipes for radiance and health of your locks Prepare this balm and you will forget about the hair loss!
Seborrhea, alopecia (baldness), an intensive hair loss
is a serious problem, which can handle not every shop tool, even if it is certified and costs a lot of money.
However before you go with these misfortunes to the salons to cosmeticians (or medical trichologists), try a long-proven treatment for hair — salt. This is well known and inexpensive product is able to quickly solve the most complex problems, facilitate you care of the scalp and to always look beautiful thanks to the gorgeous cascade of radiant health curls.published