Edith Piaf — the woman he loved more than all

It was called the Sparrow outside is small and seemingly defenseless, but defenseless she was not. About the difficult fate of little Edith, the world-famous, read on the Website right now.

Photo source: Izbrannoe.chromosomal Boulevard Chanel to grimy nineteen-year-old girl was approached by a man, and the couple went to the hotel. The girls were so pathetic that he said, "Why are you doing this?" "I need to bury her daughter, lacking ten francs," she said. The man gave her the money and left. The only daughter of Edith Giovanna Hason died, and the more children she will not. She will go through four car accident, a suicide attempt, three hepatic coma, a fit of madness, two attack of delirium tremens, seven operations, will bring to mind crowds of fans and die in 1963 before the age of fifty. It will bury the whole of France, and to mourn — the whole world. On her grave, writes: "EDITH PIAF".

Edith was born on a cold December night in 1915 — right in the sidewalk the dirty streets of Paris. Her mother, belly dancer Anette Mayar, gave his daughter in vospitanie their parents and disappeared. The baby's father, Louis Gason soon after her birth moved to the front.

Submission to grandparents about caring for children were rather peculiar. Fed a family of mostly "good wine", however, for Edith it exceptionally mixed with milk. Furthermore, old people for some reason thought that microbes can not tolerate dirt, therefore, in order not to harm the child, was afraid to wash it.

However, the girl managed to survive, and in 1917, her mother was taken Louis Hasana — Louise, a cook in a public house. She washed the girl wore and she found out that the baby is blind: in the first months of life my mother began to develop cataracts, but grandma and grandpa Mayar just did not notice. Grandma Louise spared no money for treatment, but nothing helped.

"Employee" brothel kind to the granddaughter of Louise and, as usual, was very devout. They sincerely believed in miracles and decided to all work together to bring prayer to St. Theresa, imploring her to heal, Edith, and the owner even promised to donate a Church of 10,000 francs if a miracle will take place. No sooner said than done. The "office" was closed, all its inmates washed my face and went on a pilgrimage. After spending the day in Church, the girls returned home safely and continued his usual business, deciding that healing will take place on the 25th of August (day of St. Louis, birthday father Edith).

Ten days later, all waiting for a miracle, but nothing happened, and so late in the evening, when the little girl no one paid attention, it turned out that she sees!

Soon the girl went to school, but respectable townsfolk did not want to see next with their children child living in a brothel, and study for her quickly ended.

Edith began to work on the street together with his father (before the war he was an acrobat). Louis showed the audience tricks, he sang and collected money. At 14 she left him and almost immediately her life was a man. She fell in love regularly, and as regularly thrown lovers. So it was her whole life.

Once she sang in October at the street — standing in the big up the coat with ragged elbows and shoes worn on bare feet. One of the passers-groomed man, said: "you're nuts sing on the street in this weather!"

Edith rudely replied: "is there something I need something!" "I want to be in cabaret? he asked. My name is Louis Lepla. I am the owner of the cabaret Mind. If you want, come tomorrow at four, I'll listen to you". He tore from the newspaper a piece of paper and wrote on it the address.

A suit was the most fashionable cabarets of Paris. "Get up on stage and sing all the songs you know," he said Finally. Intuition of an experienced producer told him: he found a nugget. After listening to Edith for two hours, he said, "in a week I'll give you the debut, but until then, you'll every day to come to me at the rehearsal." And yet, you need to think of a nickname". Having carefully considered Edith Finally said, "Well, of course, you're so small and delicate that would fit you the name of temperament" (in French "Piaf" means "Sparrow").

The day before the debut went in the shop three skeins of black wool and knitted night dress, however, she didn't have enough time on one sleeve. She came to cabaret with her knitting, and Finally caught her in the dressing room with the spokes in his hands: "You in five minutes you have to be on stage!" Finally came out of the dressing room and in a minute returned with a white scarf, saying: "Cover the naked hand." Coming on the scene, he realized that never in my life experienced such fear in these moments. From the hall looked at her lady in diamonds and a fur boa, men in tuxedos and bow ties. They laughed, talked and ate with relish the delicacies.

Edith got angry, and desperate, and soulful singing.

And we, the girls, no stake, no yard.
Have vercheny-twisted, Oh, a hole in your pocket.
It would be nice girl while away the evening.
Good girl would prigolubit my friend...

Nothing like visitors to a Suit heard. The roar in the hall was silent and all you could hear was the dramatic voice of the singer. When the song ended, was heard no applause, no voices in the hall it was absolute silence. And suddenly there came a storm of applause. But this was only the beginning of the career of the great singer.

Was followed by a short, but full of booze life of the Baby Edith, and Finally killed. Suspicions fell on Piaf, she fled into the province. Who knows what could have happened if not for the note which Edith found in a coat pocket. The note was the name of Raymond asso and phone number. She remembered that he promised to help. So she got a second chance, Raymond agreed to help her, demanding discipline, a regime of rehearsals.

And that happened! The Director of the largest concert hall of Paris, the ABC agreed to give Edith the first branch of one of the concerts. On this day, the singer first spoke not as a temperament, and as Edith Piaf. She performed the new songs they have learned in the radio, and the great hall roared with delight, the audience did not want to let her go. She had to sing one more encore songs from his old repertoire. And the press the next day, choking with delight, wrote: "Yesterday at the scene, ABC was born a great singer of France."

She had a lot of men and unknown foreigners, and celebrities: Raymond asso, Jacques Saw, Yves Montand. But all of them sooner or later ... The only exception was Marcel Serdan.

Marcel was a boxer, multiple champion of France and Europe, nicknamed "the Moroccan striker." He was introduced to Edith Piaf in 1946. Edith went on a tour to America, absolutely forgetting about a new acquaintance, but after some time in her new York apartment, the phone rang. It was nice to meet the Frenchman in America, and the diva agreed to have dinner with him. Since then, the pair became inseparable, and things of Marseille moved into the apartment of Edith.

Marcel had a wife and three sons. Throw them he could not, could not hide his affair. Journalists, of course, not left without attention love story of two celebrities, and, time to get rid of their annoying attention, Marcel agreed to press conference. It was perhaps the shortest press conference in the history of journalism. How to write then my sister Piaf Simone Berto, Marseille, without waiting for questions, said that Edith is his mistress, and the mistress just because he's married.

The next day, about Piaf and Monts doesn't in any papers. Edith got incredible size a basket of flowers and a note: "From the gentlemen. The woman I love most in the world".

Next to this small but incredibly strong woman is a huge boxer turned into a lamb came on trainings in incredible costumes, which she gave him (I know absolutely no taste), wore parrot colors sweaters that she knit him his own, — in a word, tried to do everything I could a little to please his beloved.

27 October 1949 Marcel went to new York for a rematch and when approaching the Azores Islands died in a plane crash.

My mother put him into severe depression. She began to drink, sought refuge from boredom in spiritualism. It pulled back where it started: Edith took to the streets, dressed in old, sang and was happy as a child that no one finds out. She came home almost crawling, bringing with him men whose names the morning could not remember.

A few years after the death of Cerdan Edith Piaf was in a car accident. The injury (broken arm and two ribs) did not pose a threat to life, but causing severe pain. To remove it, he was shooting drugs. She quickly recovered, but now she was tormented by arthritis. Again the morphine. Drugs are gradually deprived her of reason. One day the singer tried to jump out the window, and only the presence of her friend saved her life.

Realizing that can not do without morphine, Edith Piaf decided on treatment. It consisted in the fact that the addict was locked in a room with barred Windows and gave him a drug, daily reducing the dose. Then started breaking, the patient tied to the bed and left. Returning home, she again began to shoot up. Then again went to the hospital, unable to stand, fled, came back again

... To recover failed to recover from alcoholism and depression — no. Completed the list of her troubles cancer. To compete with him was useless.

And yet despite all the misfortunes she has not ceased to sing and to love. Piaf continued to go on stage, and in forty-seven years before the end, fell in love with twenty-seven Barber on October of Sambucas, married him and brought the beloved to the scene, but died before he could make him a real star.

Edith could not eat, suffered from terrible pain, and her weight dropped to 34 kg. She died on 10 October 1963, but the official date of death was October 11, when the body on a special plane arrived in Paris.

In that moment, when the hearse with the body of the singer and the following three cars with flowers crossed Paris to the streets on the people of Paris turned the last journey of Piaf's funeral on a national scale. From the house number 67 on the Boulevard Lannes to the Père Lachaise cemetery for her grave were forty thousand men, whom the police could not hold back any at the gates of the cemetery, nor about a family crypt. During the farewell words music publisher Jacques ANAS said: "the Whole direction of French songs are gone with the death of Edith Piaf".

Theophanes Labukas slightly experienced Edith. Seven years after the death of his legendary wife, he died in a car accident. They are buried together in one grave in the cemetery of Pere-Lachaise.

via izbrannoe.com/news/lyudi/zhenshchina-kotoruyu-lyubili-bolshe-vsego/

Tags

See also

New and interesting