Among the various methods of home heating, convector occupies not the last place. Its main advantage lies in the fact that when using this method it is not necessary to create complex design of the heating system and do not need pipes and a costly water heating boilers.
Try to understand what is a convector heating. As its name implies is the method of heating which relies on convection air to the room.
From the laws of physics, it follows that during heating the warm air rises and cold goes down.
Thus, there is a natural circulation of air and the gradual heating of the room. This type of heating is quite simple but at the same time effective method of heating.What is a convector
Heater is a heater placed in a steel casing. The air passing through the elements (edges) of the heater gradually rises. And from below, due to the fact that the heater is located in the body, suitable cold air.
Due to this design and circulation. On top of the case has a grill for the exit of heated air. In some cases, it is provided with shutters to regulate the flow of air.
Components of floor convectorWhat are the convectors
work On the principle of energy there is a wide choice of such equipment. But now most of the heaters sold in stores, have an electric heater. There are models operating on gas — gas heaters.
Electric heaters are best for heating of apartments, because they have compact dimensions. Convector heating the cottage or a country house is more profitable to operate, creating it on the basis of gas convectors – gas is much cheaper. Of course, subject to the availability of gas in the house.
According to the method of installation of convectors can be divided into:
- Mounted in the floor or baseboard.
- Outdoor heaters mounted on the floor, can have wheels for moving on a floor surface, and may be installed rigidly without movement. Photos of floor convector below.
The device of the convector
- Wall convectors for heating are mounted directly on the wall using special brackets.
- The third type convectors can be mounted in a floor or skirting boards.
Basic units of the heater three. This:
- Heating element;
- The control unit (thermostat);
- The case of the modern heaters are made of steel. With a comprehensive selection of equipment on the market today, you can easily choose the design that fits your room.
- Wall convectors, in addition, on the body have special brackets (mounts) that allow you to remove the heater from the wall for cleaning of surfaces of walls and equipment.
- Modern heaters on the housing may have louvers installed at a certain angle to the direction of air flow. Very often, these blinds are mounted on top of the body, and from the side.
- Thanks to this arrangement, the air flow from the convector is vastly distributed throughout the room and contributes to its better and more uniform heating.
Council. Choose a heater with a small margin (10-20%) on the power, if to warm will be the corner of the room. As they are likely to be underheating of the space.Heating element
- Considering the heaters, we can say that the heaters they install various types. In the most inexpensive heaters, for example, is mounted a spiral heater. This type of device can be found in inexpensive models. Their price is about 30$-50$.
The most common electric convector
Due to the high temperature heating coil (up to 160 With 0), they quickly warm up the room. But this type of heating element is very dangerous. As it intensively collects dust and can get water on the heating element, which ultimately can lead to a fire.
But because of its low cost, heaters with a spiral heating element is very popular. Besides, many firms in addition, mounted on the case fans, which together with high temperature coil, makes the heating more intense.
- In more expensive models mount more secure type spirals, low-temperature type (temperature does not exceed 100 With 0 ).
The heater is an aluminum radiator diffuser, mounted in the steel pipe and this pipe is a special filament heating.
The aluminum body of the radiator contributes to a more efficient heating. Some manufacturers install in a radiator not one but two pipe heating. Thus, allowing you to turn on the heating block as at full capacity and half capacity.
It should be noted that due to differential expansion upon heating of aluminium and steel, is the gradual destruction of a durable connection between the heating tube and the housing. Over time, the radiator can lose the connection with the heating tube. This can lead to local overheating of the tube and the output of the heating element failure.
Currently, manufacturers of heaters are actively working on improvements and try to address this shortcoming.
Heater RX-Silence, developed and patented by firm NOIROT (France) has a unique at the moment design.
The uniqueness of the solution is that in silumin radiator, fully sealed, compacted filling, the powder of magnesia, located nichrome filament heating.
The materials used have similar coefficients of expansion. This solution allows not only to reduce energy consumption, but also extend the service life of the heater up to 15-17 years.
Control convection heater
- The most primitive control unit used in the heaters thermostat, mounted in the body of the convector. The thermostat is Electromechanical and electronic.
The first control type is the cheapest but also the least accurate (the error may reach 2C 0 ) and more noisy as it clicks the bimetal sensor, including heater. Usually, the temperature of the Electromechanical thermostat is set by turning the knob with programmirovanie conditional power values of the heater.
Electronic thermostat is more accurate (error less than 0.1 s 0 ) and the silent operation of the convector. In addition, many manufacturers allow you to program the electronic control unit to switch on the heater in various modes, in various capacities at different times of day and day of the week. Moreover, the electronic thermostat allows you to control most heating panel remotely via delivered control unit and control.
This solution allows to manage a large (60 pieces) number of heaters in different parts of the house is literally one button. The block can be set different built-in heating program for each room individually or the entire building as a whole.
- The leader of the market of "smart" heaters on the right are the French company NOIROT and German giant Siemens. Control units in the heaters of these manufacturers allow you to control the temperature remotely via telephone. This feature is useful when it is necessary to heat the room in advance.
Manufacturers of electric heaters today produce equipment with capacity of 0.8 kW is 3.0 kW. Weight can range from three to nine pounds.
Produced modern electrochemistry can be divided into the following types:
High convectors, because of the altitude, creating a very active convection. In baseboard heaters set the heater less power. To maintain the efficiency of equipment, its make as long as possible (up to 2.5 m).
In addition to electric heaters, there are also gas heaters. The principle of these is the same as electric. Only operate heaters is not at the expense of the spiral, and due to the combustion of the gas.
The gas is burned in a special chamber, the chamber walls are heated and give off heat to the radiator. He, in turn, heats the air.
Gas heaters do not have complex electronic control systems, but through the use of gas, their operation is cheaper than electric. But the complexity of installation and the requirement for the presence of the chimney allows to use them in apartments.
On the Internet there are many videos that will give you an example of installation of the convector.
His hands heater mount is not so hard.
You'll need quite a bit of tools:
Bracket for installation
Installation instructions wall-mounted convection heater:
Collect the heater, attach it to the brackets Affixed to the wall of the entire structure, exposed on the level, Note the location of the brackets; the brackets are Detachable from the panel; Put the brackets around the defined boundaries; Note the attachment points (drilling); Using a hammer, drill holes in the marked locations; use a hammer to gently hammering anchors into the wall; a Screwdriver or screwdriver fasten the brackets; Mounted on their panel convector; connect the equipment into an outlet. Results
: convection heating is a very good option for space heating. Heaters can be recommended for installation in small apartments and large country houses. They have good performance and efficiency. published