Trash art

What is the use to find the trash that the people shopping slowly going in closets, attics, balconies and garages? If different things cannot be put in trash or scrap metal, it seem useless and worthy unless the dumpster.

However, modern "artists" such a gesture would not appreciate, because it's a waste of creative materials! Among these visionaries and the hero of our story is a famous American artist and sculptor Tom Deininger (Tom Deininger), which converts pounds of other stuff in the striking portraits, landscapes and still lifes.

Mosaic designer from afar look like real paintings painted large strokes of oil or acrylic, however, on closer examination can be seen in them all kinds of junk: plastic bottles and caps used tubes of makeup, nails and screws, parts of broken dolls, laces and wires, torn, balls, parts from home appliances, scraps of fabrics and bags... — in General do everything that came to the artist by the arm and match the desired color.

His work That tries not only to Express themselves but also to attract public attention to environmental issues: "Clogging debris forests and throwing cigarette butts on the beaches and streets are bad influences on nature and on ourselves," says Deininger.

For this debris to get rid of (and get pretty!), the artist uses the accumulated junk in the house "treasures", and took such gifts from relatives, neighbors and friends.

The impossible becomes possible: useless and not aesthetically pleasing waste, which can disfigure the planet, in the hands of Tom turning into something beautiful, original, imbued with deep meaning.

"I prefer a glue gun, but it happens to deal with other tools. I like to work with all types of materials. The real fun for me is to take a thing created for some purposes, and make it work according to my rules, that is, to perform quite different functions."

Images and ideas for his works That Deininger draws from a variety of sources: film stills, and parodies of famous paintings, and "junk" images of celebrities, and fiction out of my head... the Two main themes of his work – the colors of nature and the beauty of women, which are the main interests of the artist.

"I always knew what I wanted to do. The drawing I liked from childhood and it just brought me to what I'm doing now. I wanted to paint for myself without drawing its outline special attention. But to please my parents, graduated from art school and it really opened a whole new world for me" — says That in an interview.

About ten years ago he began to experiment with different "orphan" items and gradually raised the idea at a high level of creativity. However, a talented artist, not all his time is spent on fussing with the garbage: he's still engaged in this painting, as well as lectures in schools and colleges Rhode island.

While Tom has time for an active and happy life: he loves the outdoors and going to the cinema with his beloved wife and three children, and enjoys sports – surfing, skating, snowboarding and mountain Biking. What is not an example to follow?

Source: /users/104

Tags

See also

New and interesting