Tesla is already taking orders in China

The market potential of electric vehicles in China will increase significantly in the coming years.

Beijing provides subsidies for the purchase of electric cars. It is planned to withdraw 5 million vehicles running on alternative fuels on the country's roads by 2020. But the lack of charging stations threatens to make adjustments to these intentions.

My instructions for the team: spend money on the development as quickly as possible. In dollar terms I think over time we will be able to invest hundreds of millions in charging infrastructure in China, said Elon Musk, co-founder of Tesla Motors.

China will become the largest market for Tesla, if the manufacturer will support the government. In China high enough import duties on cars. They are not included in the incentive program electric vehicle, which ultimately increases the price of such a machine for the consumer by almost half.

The issue of fees could solve the creation of a joint venture with a Chinese partner in China. But in the next five years is unlikely, I believe in Tesla Motors.

Tesla first salon was opened late last year in Beijing and is already accepting orders. Plans to open stores in 10 to 12 Chinese cities by the end of 2014.

Source: greenevolution.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting