Shares of Tesla Motors

In October of this year (one month before the start of a PR firm) reported by the authoritative «Wall Street Journal» «value of shares manufacturer Tesla Motors electric cars continued to decline. The company's shares fell on Thursday 7, $ 64, the cost of one share after the close of trading on Thursday amounted to 173, 31 dollars. On Wednesday, shares fell by 12, 05 dollars. " The company Tesla Motors (shareholders: the founder of a PayPal Elon Musk, "guglovtsy" Sergey Brin and Larry Page, the former president of eBay, Jeff Skoll, the heir to the empire Hyatt Nick Pritzker) felt serious problems. The interesting point related to electric vehicles, "Tesla". What do you think, why two months ago so suddenly fallen stock «Tesla Motors»? The answer gives the same «Wall Street Journal» - «The value of shares manufacturer of electric Tesla Motors on Thursday continued to decline after the emergence of online video burning of electric Model S. The manufacturer, cost 70 000 dollars apiece, said the cause of the fire was a piece of metal lying on the road, which damaged module in the bottom of the car, which is the battery ... Firefighters took more than two hours to put out.

Here is the video of burning «Tesla Model S»

The second case of fire Model S occurred in Mexico, where the driver simply drove on the curb.

After the third incident this week, Klaus Dietl, head of the Center for Automotive Safety - a non-profit organization established by the Consumers Union US, expressed the opinion that the National Agency for Traffic Safety (NHTSA) «absolutely necessary to investigate the" causes of the fire production Tesla Motors.

--img4--

That's what tells reporter authoritative car magazine «Top Gear» famous Jeremy Clarkson and his colleagues tested the «Tesla».

Forgive me readers for such a large excerpt from Clarkson, but the song words can not erase:

"For the most part the world's automakers realize that I - a harmless fuzz in the navel, whose opinion can not affect their dreams and aspirations. But it turns out that if they imagine that I was unfair and in response can be heard threatening the whistle. I'm not referring to the car companies. They do not appeal to me. I just take their cars. I write about them. They go back to where came from, no matter whether I am good, indifferent or wrong, and the world continues its rotation.

But there was a very curious incident with sports-car Tesla on batteries, I recently tested for Top Gear. Everything went wrong. The company says that the charge lasts even when assertive driving at 330 km, but after just one morning shooting left a total of 20% of energy, and we realized that all our plans will not be enough.

Fortunately, they gave us another car, so we just had to change seats. But after a while it began to persistently motor to overheat. Therefore, while the first charge almost over, we made it - only to find that the brakes do not work at it. So we were left without a car.

The story, for obvious reasons is a bit crumpled. Was dozen shots silver car. And then gray. And only half of my usual chatter when I shout Power! and rolling in silly metaphors. And to make things even worse, sent to us from above directive, which covered us like a huge suffocating blanket. We had to be absolutely sure that everything said and shown in more than true more true than not hurt, God forbid, draws feelings.

There are such calls. All editors consulted. Special experts were invited. No i is not left without a point, no t no dashes. No stone was left neperevёrnutym in the name of truth and decency. Tesla could not complain about the fact that we have shown, because they were there. But a strange thing happened. Tesla has not complained. But someone else did it. In a loud voice, and every newspaper in the world. Daily Telegraph said that caught us once rigged. Guardian has accused us of "backroom games". New York Times inquired, not "we descend to the devil?" Daily Mail reported that I was infected through breast cancer screen.

It was mind-boggling. Tesla came into contact with the reporters and their vision of the event fully coincide with ours. They explained that the problem was caused by the brakes and the blown fuse is not accused us that we ran out of charge after only 100 kilometers.

So who is behind this attack? Nobody in the whole world and a huge ear does not lead, when I say that the BMW 1 Series - shit, and Kia Rio's worst example of what can be made of iron except infantry mines. But all went foam mouth when I said that Tesla, the avid sports car and the hope of the entire world green movement "just does not work».

I'm afraid that here we are seeing the same phenomenon as the professors when they say that there is no such thing as global warming caused by man. Around them instantly grows enraged crowd of unprecedented size, and all of their funding begins to approach zero. And it has already reached frightening dimensions.

The problem is that to be very honest with ourselves, the American Tesla is only suitable for a dinner party. Say that he bought Tesla and a couple of minutes you will have sex. But as a means to transport themselves and their belongings it is not useful to muddy spinach.

Yes, it is extremely fast. Tensile total 200 km / h, but the rate at which it reaches this level, electrifies literally - 3, 9 seconds. And all because of another characteristic of the electric motor in addition to a little more than the size of a grapefruit is its huge torque.

And silence. At the speed you hear the rustle of the tire and wind noise due to bad strapped soft-top, but in the center it moves in silence. No kidding. This is particularly striking when the tachometer numbers that have no right to be there - of 15 000, for example.

When turning everything is not so rosy. In order to minimize rolling resistance and hence increased mileage per charge, have wheels no gathering or collapse. And it affects the management. As the weight of 6381 battery from the laptop, each of which must be constantly cooled. But a small shakiness management is nothing compared with the major problems of the car. Firstly, it is worth 100 000 euro. This is three times more expensive than the Lotus Elise, on whose platform he hangs out, and 90 000 times more expensive than the amount which he deserves.

Yes, the price will fall, when Hollywood celestials buy yourself a copy of each, and the production put on stream. But if you're willing to pay 100 thousand, it means that you believe in goblins and scary stories about the end of the world.

Ride on it, of course, cheap. Pour Elise tank costs 50 euros. Charge Tesla electricity at low tariff costs 5 euros. And that's enough, let's be objective, to cover between 100 and 300 km, depending on driving style.

But if you are so concerned about operating costs, count yourself. At 70 thousand, which saves buying Elise, you can take 57,000 liters of gasoline. That's enough to circle the earth 20 times. Furthermore. To fill Elise need two minutes. At Tesla, if handy standard 13-ampere socket, will leave 16 hours. Put a powerful three-phase system to his home and meet at 4 pm (Tesla says that the 3?). But no matter how perverted from its home wind turbine does not charge. It will take 25 days.

You see what I mean? Even if we ignore the fact that the so-called green energy is produced environmentally friendly power plants is not, and therefore, is not so it is harmless to the environment, we are faced with an indisputable fact. It must be recharged for a long time, but then she will take away you far. Do not forget that the two machines that I went out of order.

In the long term I am sure that Tesla - is the uncut diamond, and developers will be able to resolve all the difficulties. But the time this car is just not. Because she missed her train with these batteries. Honda and Ford has already rushed forward and make hydrogen cars that do not need to sit back and recharge. They can normally fill, and they are a really friendly in environmental terms. But the biggest problem is that Tesla's just not working. But even if this were not so, she would have walked down the wrong path ».

--img5--

Source: vk.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting