About the benefits of yoga written a lot of articles and books. But nothing is absolutely perfect. The sun, for example, the main light and the energy source of the Earth. It brings the main benefits and supports biological life.
But if any being hence close to the sun, it would just burn. With yoga, of course, not all such a contrast, but if you do not follow some important conditions, yoga can harm your body. In this and subsequent articles in this section, I will elaborate on the major injuries and deficiencies of the coaches. But in the meantime let's find out what you need to know the newcomer, before you do yoga?
Several important recommendations on safety, with it both physical and mental.
1. It is important to determine the main purpose. Not having specific goals, yoga will not bring you a specific result. It's pretty simple, but still. If your main goal is to lose those extra kilos, then you may not be suitable for group classes of yoga therapy of the spine. Or if you want to get rid of mental tension and to improve flexibility and stretching, fitness yoga will not have any effect, so its primary goal is to increase muscle strength and improve the physical form of man.
2. To choose the right coach. If you are not getting proper answers to their questions, or if you see that the skill level of the coach is not high enough, if his method works it seems pretty rough, or too soft, feel free to look for someone else. The main thing is not to infer, based on one bad experience or endure in the expectation that tomorrow you will enjoy.
3. Mat. Yes, a rug is an important part of safe training. I will not here elaborate on the many variations, the countries of origin, quality of material, width and thickness. The importance of these parameters, you will understand with time. While only one criterion: non-slip surface. This is an important safety criterion, especially if you are a beginner. While the man is just learning to keep balance while his strength and flexibility is not high enough, the Mat will give you initial stability, that would be accidentally in the position of the mountain you don't slide back and was not pressed to the floor by gravity.
4. The time of day and number of classes. Yoga is good to do at any time. For morning, afternoon or rannevesennem time take a more active practice, and in the evening stretch a relaxing. But if your schedule is hard to adjust in a similar way, do not worry. The previous tips are more important. But how many times a week to do to a beginner is an important issue. The first time is two, three full training. During this time the systematic training of the muscles will have time to get used to the loads, to improve mobility of joints and stretching. And then at least every day. Preferably every day, at least 30 minutes.
5. Diligence. There are many examples of injury in beginners. They are committed even when a person has a specific goal, a good coach, comfortable Mat, and the optimal number of classes per week. Be willing to be on the head of the second lesson is great, but try to do it on the second lesson, well, not very logical. Well, what has the middle and gradually. The desire to learn how to do some dramatic pose is definitely feasible, as you grow your level of skill. So your hard work should be inseparably connected with patience.